Generation180 is a national non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA. We inspire and equip individuals to take action on clean energy. We create opportunities for new voices to be heard as clean energy advocates and invest in their growth as leaders.
Momentum for clean energy and climate action is at a high point and growing -- putting us on the verge of a cultural and economic shift away from fossil fuels toward cleaner, healthier, more equitable future for everyone. Generation180 works to accelerate this shift by providing individuals with clear pathways to action and popularizing a new narrative of agency and hope that says:
- Your energy matters: you can take steps right now that will make an impact and accelerate our transition to clean energy.
- Together, we’ve got this: the solutions are ready and 100% clean energy is possible; the transition is happening and we’re making progress. The time to engage is now.
- A new, clean energy future can be more just and equitable, lifting up communities that disproportionately suffered under the fossil-fuel economy. We are demanding that it be so.
Generation180 runs scalable campaigns using creative communication and organizing strategies rooted in behavioral science that inspire people to act. Current campaigns include:
- Electrify Your Ride: a campaign that educates consumers, policymakers, and the media about electric vehicles (EVs) and equips EV enthusiasts to be effective ambassadors.
- Solar For All Schools: a campaign leading the national K-12 solar schools movement through thought leadership and advocate empowerment.
- Electric School Buses: a campaign to speed up adoption of electric school buses.
- Flip The Script: a program that deploys creative communications across a variety of platforms telling motivating, compelling clean energy stories.
Generation180 is helping to spur a movement that will speed up the transition toward a more equitable clean energy economy. To learn more, please visit our website www.Generation180.org