The Florida District currently represents over 5,000 members. The Office Manager is responsible for office space, and provides administrative support for Florida staff representing the membership. This position reports to the Staff Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage office reception area, office, and monitor member/guest flow; answer phones and route messages and requests;
- Manage meeting spaces to ensure compliance with COVID guidelines, including space for member group meetings, grievance hearings, arbitration meetings and case-related depositions;
- Provide logistical and staff support for rallies, member meetings and trainings, events and conferences as needed. This includes booking space, negotiating with caterers, bus companies and other vendors as needed;
- Provide administrative support for the District’s grievance work;
- Data entry and processing of membership applications;
- Preparing weekly reports of expenses, membership cards, and other needs;
- Serve as liaison to Human Resources, Information Technology, Data and Accounting departments based in our headquarters office in New York City. Ensure that process and protocol are consistent with the rest of the organization;
- Other administrative support including processing invoices, mass mailings, ordering supplies, etc.
- Other duties as determined by the Staff and District Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience handling administrative functions in a fast-paced office;
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Power Point. Ability and interest in learning internal data and workflow systems required including CRM and our membership database;
- Strong customer service skills, including experience working with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including effective business writing;
- Ability to plan work, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Motivated self-starter who also enjoys being part of a team;
- Bilingual Spanish/English both written and verbal required; written and spoken Haitian Creole is a plus.
- Commitment to social justice and workers’ rights not required but a plus.
- This position is full time and occasionally requires work outside normal business hours. Including some nights and weekends.
- This position requires occasional travel, including to event locations and to the New York City headquarters for training
- This position is largely computer/office based, with many in-person and Zoom meetings.
- This position requires traveling to worksites and participating in events, marches and demonstrations.
- This position requires the ability to lift and move boxes to keep supply areas orderly.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The annualized salary for this role is from $53,333 to $59,734, depending on years of experience in a comparable job. 32BJ provides a full benefits package that includes an employer-paid medical, dental and vision plan (for full-time employees and their qualified dependents), and retirement benefits, including a defined benefit pension plan and 401K.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Office Manager” in the Subject line of your email. Please include where you saw the job.
Please note 32BJ has implemented a Covid vaccine mandate. Bona fide religious and ADA exemptions are permitted with additional safety measures.
32BJ is an inclusive and diverse organization, committed to advocating for social, racial and economic justice. We promote diversity and strongly encourage applications from people who believe in our mission. We strongly encourage women and people of color to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@seiu32bj.org
About 32BJ SEIU
At the forefront of building the nation’s labor movement, 32BJ SEIU is changing the narrative around important social and economic issues facing working families. Founded in 1934, 32BJ is the largest union of property service workers in the nation. We have a powerful and important mission: To build and grow a diverse, effective, politically independent and democratic organization of workers to change our lives for the better, improve our communities, and build a more just society for present and future generations.
With a commitment to building power for low-wage workers, 32BJ is engaged in winning strong contracts for members, organizing workers, supporting progressive candidates for elected office and moving a broad policy agenda, such as paid sick days, expanding access to health care, and the Fight for $15.
The union has approximately 425 staff in sixteen offices from Boston to Miami. 32BJ SEIU represents over 175,000 property service workers including janitors, security officers, airport workers, and food service employees in 11 states and Washington, D.C. 32BJ is an affiliate of SEIU, the Service Employees International Union, which has 2 million members dedicated to raising industry standards and making life better for all working families and communities.
32BJ SEIU’s headquarters are in New York City.