DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek an enthusiastic and organized Administrative Assistant to support the work of the Office Services & Facilities Departments, which provide service and support to multiple offices and staff throughout the union’s jurisdiction, and the Research Department. This position reports to the Director of Office Services and Facilities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize the Office Services ticketing system to fulfill requests, and submit and track service calls/tickets for all office equipment including copiers, water coolers, office furniture, etc.
- Review and approve purchase orders, and provide monthly purchasing report;
- Coordinate shipping and deliveries of products, materials and furniture, etc., using UPS system, messenger system, USPS and other services;
- Create and maintain electronic inventory of all Office Services materials and maintain organized and efficient storage areas;
- Work with vendor to troubleshoot and set up cell phones for staff;
- Assist OFS Director with special projects at all offices including relocations, reorganizing and other projects, and assist as needed during events and meetings at NY HQ office and/or other offices;
- Assist Research Director with logistics for meetings, onboarding new staff and managing check requests, mailings and subscriptions.
- Other duties including maintaining toner inventory, fulfilling business card requests and conducting product research for new items or vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented team player who is excited by the mission of the union. While no one candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, the successful candidate will bring many of the following professional skills and personal attributes:
- Two to three years of experience in administrative support work in fast-paced commercial building facilities;
- Excellent customer service skills, and strong communication skills including written and verbal communications;
- Ability to adhere to established policies and procedures;
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and assignments;
- Strong skills in MS Office, including Word (mail merge), Excel, Outlook and Power Point; interest in and ability to learn internal workflow and data systems;
- Commitment to social social justice not required but a plus;
- Bilingual Spanish not required but a plus;
- This position is a full time position that occasionally requires hours outside normal business hours, including some nights, weekends and holidays.
- This position is based in the NYC headquarters office.
- This position requires occasional travel to district offices.
- This position is largely computer/office based, with many in-person meetings.
- The person in this position needs to move about the office to access file cabinets, storage rooms, office machinery and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- This position requires traveling to worksites and occasionally participating in events, marches and demonstrations.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this role starts at $50,893. 32BJ offers a generous benefits package that includes a fully employer-paid medical, dental and vision plan (for full-time employees and their qualified dependents) and retirement benefits, including a defined benefit pension plan and 401K. 32BJ offers paid time off including three weeks’ vacation, eleven holidays, twelve sick days, and, after the first year of service, four personal days.
Please send a résumé and letter of interest to HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Administrative Assistant OFS” in the subject line of your email.
Please note 32BJ has implemented a vaccine mandate. Bona fide religious and ADA exemptions are permitted with additional safety measures.
32BJ is an inclusive and diverse organization, committed to advocating for social, racial and economic justice. We promote diversity and strongly encourage applications from people who believe in our mission. We strongly encourage women and people of color to apply.
For more information on 32BJ SEIU, visit www.seiu32bj.org.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@seiu32bj.org
About 32BJ SEIU
At the forefront of building the nation’s labor movement, 32BJ SEIU is changing the narrative around important social and economic issues facing working families. Founded in 1934, 32BJ is the largest union of property service workers in the nation. We have a powerful and important mission: To build and grow a diverse, effective, politically independent and democratic organization of workers to change our lives for the better, improve our communities, and build a more just society for present and future generations.
With a commitment to building power for low-wage workers, 32BJ is engaged in winning strong contracts for members, organizing workers, supporting progressive candidates for elected office and moving a broad policy agenda, such as paid sick days, expanding access to health care and the Fight for $15.
The union has approximately 425 staff in sixteen offices from Boston to Miami. 32BJ SEIU represents over 175,000 property service workers including janitors, security officers, airport workers, and food service employees in 11 states and Washington, D.C. 32BJ is an affiliate of SEIU, the Service Employees International Union, which has 2 million members dedicated to raising industry standards and making life better for all working families and communities.
32BJ SEIU’s headquarters are in New York City.