Love working with data? Love working with people too? Excited to help progressives win elections and advance their causes? Great, then TargetSmart is the place for you!
SALARY RANGE: $65,000 – $75,000
As a member of TargetSmart’s Client Services Team, you will build relationships with and provide guidance and support for our Clients around their use of all of TargetSmart’s data, products, and technology tools, with the goal of increasing revenue and client satisfaction. In this role you’ll provide project management, support, and training where necessary to multiple clients such as progressive organizations, Democratic campaigns, consultants, and polling firms to help them achieve their programmatic and campaign goals using the best political data available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage assigned Client base through regular meetings and interaction with staff throughout each Client Organization.
- Meet with Clients to discuss their programs and campaigns, explain the full range of TargetSmart’s offering with the possibility of upselling additional products and services.
- Support Client needs around program planning and election analysis, such as developing election math and path to victory analyses and providing more detailed analysis of particular geographies and/or electorates.
- Use TargetSmart data and tools along with other available datasets to provide Clients with customized recommendations for voter registration programs, voter contact targeting, universe development, or other outreach needs.
- Assist Clients with their campaign reporting needs such as the development of field and early voting reports, creating ElectionBase reports, volunteer tracking reports, and Get Out the Vote (GOTV) reporting as needed.
- Provide maps and other presentation resources using tools such as ArcGIS or Tableau.
- Track Client projects and manage, triage and troubleshoot Client questions.
- Support Client use of all purchased TargetSmart data, products, and technology tools.
- Provide Clients with SmartVAN support, including but not limited to, training, list creation, turf cutting, etc.
- Work with the Sales and Client Services Teams on contract renewals and billing.
- Attend TargetSmart and Client events, conferences, and summits as needed.
- Develop Client case studies and work on marketing materials as needed.
- Participate in the Client Services Team’s work on product modifications, standardization, documentation, and support.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of the bi-annual Client Roundtable event
The job profile reflects the assignment of essential job functions, though additional functions may exist. This profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all work activities, duties or responsibilities. TargetSmart reserves the right to assign or reassign work activities, duties and responsibilities as needed for reasonable accommodations and business purposes.
The Account Manager reports directly to designated TargetSmart staff in charge of Client Services.
- Experience working with political data (i.e.- voter files, model scores, donor lists, membership lists, etc.)
- Experience working with at least one of TargetSmart’s ListBuilder, SmartVAN, other Voter Activation Network (VAN) software, or other similar online data querying software
- Understanding of the voting process and political district boundaries
- Familiarity with voter analysis and mapping dashboards such as TargetEarly, TargetSmart Insights, Civis Platform, Tableau, or ArcGIS
- Experience using voter contact tools and technology such as APIs, canvassing software, social networking apps, predictive dialer software, or text messaging tools
- Campaign level voter file management experience with voter targeting, turf and list cutting, universe and turnout analysis, and reporting
- 5+ years’ experience working with Democratic Campaigns or Progressive Non-Profits, PACs, Polling Firms, Digital Media Firms, or Political Consultants
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to trouble-shoot issues and solve problems requiring quick turnaround times
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and see them through to completion and within appropriate deadlines
- Attention to detail, solid communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas related to political data and targeting
- Ability to travel within Washington, DC as necessary, and outside of Washington, DC on approximately a quarterly basis.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Government or Political Science
- Comfortable learning new systems and using new technology such as Alteryx, Postman, SalesForce, JIRA, Project Management software, etc.
- Experience with digital advertising apps and platforms like Facebook and LiveRamp
- Comfortable learning new systems and using new technology
About TargetSmart Communications
TargetSmart is a leading provider of political data and technology that enables campaigns and organizations to successfully communicate with large audiences, personalize outreach, and create lasting relationships. Our superior politically-focused, consultative approach combines consumer data, databases, data integration and consulting solutions for personalized multichannel marketing strategies. TargetSmart leverages over 25 years of experience in data management to deliver high-performance, reliable data products and solutions.
For more information or to apply for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter at email@example.com.