WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Account Operations Team, which is housed in the Customer Service Department, works with the many campaigns and organizations that use our tools, ensuring that new groups are set up on our platform correctly and also distributing the funds raised using our tools to the thousands of campaigns and organizations spread throughout the country.
This is a specialist role that focuses primarily on guiding prospective ActBlue users through the process of ensuring their accounts are activated correctly so they can begin fundraising as quickly as possible. Requirements and regulations are constantly changing, and the systems the team works with are always evolving, so the person in this role will need to be adaptable, decisive, and collaborative.
This role is 100% remote and working hours will be Pacific Time Zone business hours (roughly 9 AM PT – 5 PM PT) from Thursday to Monday.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Guide prospective campaign and organization users through the process of getting their ability to accept contributions through ActBlue up and running as quickly as possible, ensuring that all account settings are correct and in full compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements that govern their fundraising.
- Ensure that account setup requests are appropriately screened for alignment with ActBlue’s mission and policies, escalating for further scrutiny when necessary.
- Collaborate within and across ActBlue departments to ensure that all appropriate stakeholders are up-to-date on the status of pending account setups.
- Create and assist in maintaining the individual Stripe merchant accounts through which thousands of campaigns and organizations fundraise on ActBlue.
- Handle and complete account deactivation and reactivation requests from account administrative users.
- Contribute to shared Account Operations team workflows as volume necessitates
- Work through complex judgment calls independently, escalating to and seeking input from various stakeholders within ActBlue as necessary.
- Problem-solve through time-sensitive issues when they arise with internal software and vendors.
- Act as a resource for teammates when escalated judgment calls are needed and provide support for staff onboarding and training.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2+ years of experience working in a direct customer support environment and the ability to work independently with minimal synchronous manager support or 1+ year of experience in and demonstrated proficiency with Account Operations work
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity and effectively prioritize multiple competing projects
- Consistency and reliability in following through on commitments.
- History of taking ownership for your work and engaging in self-reflection when you make mistakes.
- Commitment to ongoing self-reflection and learning on your own biases and assumptions
- Demonstrated ability to build healthy, authentic, and trusting relationships with colleagues.
- Consistent high performance in managing past assigned work.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $62,000 – $92,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.