WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Account Operations Team, which is housed in the Customer Service Department, works with the many campaigns and organizations that use our tools, ensuring that new campaigns and organizations on our platform are set up and configured correctly, fielding requests for account configuration changes, and distributing the funds raised using our tools.
This is a people manager role on a rapidly growing team that works with constantly evolving systems, so the person in this role will need to be adaptable, decisive, and collaborative. In addition to managing staff, the person in this role must also be well-versed in the various moving parts of ActBlue’s internal systems, serving as an escalation point when necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage and develop a cohort of staff within the Account Operations team, ensuring that team goals are met across all work streams under the team’s sphere of responsibility, including:
- Providing support to campaign and organization admin users in need of assistance with their account settings and configuration;
- Identifying and merging duplicate requests from the same user/account, ensuring that requests remain assigned to the correct team/individual;
- Triaging and escalating requests that require specialized workflows to the appropriate specialists within the Account Operations team;
- Acting as a point of contact for requests that are surfaced internally via other ActBlue departments on behalf of ActBlue end users.
- Lead members of your team through complex judgment calls;
- Problem-solve through time sensitive issues when they arise with internal and external stakeholders (including vendors), escalating as necessary;
- Serve as a trusted resource for your direct reports and others across the organization on Account Operations systems, acting as a resource for helping to resolve complex issues;
- Closely collaborate with other sub-teams within Account Operations to ensure consistent workflows and shared understanding;
- Assist with hiring, training, and onboarding current and new staff when needed
- Develop your team through regular 1-on-1 meetings, professional development recommendations, and stretch projects.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 4+ years of Customer Service experience and 2+ years of people management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively and provide clear expectations for success, staying engaged in the process.
- History of providing direct reports with specific, actionable, and differentiated feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to build healthy, authentic, and trusting relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in direct technical support and eagerness to become an ActBlue product expert.
- Experience leading a team of support professionals (ideally in a remote setting). As a strong coach, you're an effective listener and facilitator who will use your experience and situational awareness to help your team support donors, nonprofits and campaign teams.
- Experience working with support ticketing systems like Help Scout or Zendesk, as well as an understanding of CS metrics like CSAT, Average Reply Time, etc.
YOU WILL SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE IF:
- You are excited to learn all of the ins and outs of Account Operations work as you onboard into our workflows and then work with your manager to build out your team. You understand that building a solid knowledge base will enable you to be a better manager.
- You are excited about the power of technology and are comfortable with learning new technologies.
- You are a great communicator — you're not afraid to hop on the phone with a user to troubleshoot or a Zoom call with a teammate to talk through a complex problem.
- You work well independently, but understand that communication and collaboration are key. You're willing to think outside the box and explore new territory alongside your team.
- You are willing to take on new challenges — we are a growing and maturing team, department, and organization that will continue to evolve.
- You are goal-oriented and passionate about feedback — you understand how to translate goals into action items for yourself and your reports, as well as hold your team accountable.
- You are organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- You are adaptable to change and implement good change management with your reports.
- You are resilient and work well under pressure — you are someone who knows how to prioritize and structure your day in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You are comfortable working from home.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $73,000 – $91,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.