WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Customer Service Team’s role is to serve as the front line of support for ActBlue. Team members are the chief brand ambassadors to ActBlue’s many thousands of donors and campaign and organization admins. The Admin Support Associate will be a member of a small team that offers efficient, accurate, and friendly assistance to admin users, grassroots organizers, and donors who contact ActBlue via email and phone.
This role on the Customer Service team is geared towards a solution-oriented individual with a passion for customer support that also possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate for this role has 1-3 years of Customer Service experience.
The Admin Support Associate will be responsible for fielding support inquiries via email through our ticketing system and over the phone. This position involves resolving a variety of questions and requests in a timely fashion, so attention to detail, efficiency, and good judgment are a necessity. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn the ins and outs of our platform with the goal of becoming a content expert on how campaigns, organizations and donors interact with our tools.
This role is 100% remote and working hours will be Eastern Time Zone business hours (roughly 9:30 a.m. ET – 5:30 p.m. ET) from Monday to Friday. We also have a few dates throughout the year that require additional evening coverage (such as end of quarter and special dates during election season).
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Triage all incoming support requests to separate teams based on content during scheduled shifts.
- Field incoming support requests from campaign and organization admins, grassroots fundraisers, and donors and update customer profiles.
- Act as a resource and educator for campaign and organization admins on a variety of inquiries, including but not limited to processing refunds, account permissions, and all types of contribution forms.
- Assist admin users with technical troubleshooting and bug detection, and work with our technical team on surfacing these issues.
- Monitor cross-team communication channels and work collaboratively in assisting with support requests from other user facing teams.
- Work with campaign and organization admins to manage donor-related requests.
- Act as a resource for campaign and organization admins by answering questions and offering insights on the best ways to use ActBlue's platform.
- Assist with maintaining shared refund spreadsheets.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experiences in customer service: A successful candidate will have demonstrated and proven success in supporting customers daily in both email and phone support.
- Highly detailed: You proofread, reread, and triple–check your work. You understand that details play a large role in setting a project up for success.
- A troubleshooter: Creativity, patience, and a helpful attitude are crucial when helping the people we work with solve problems and get the information they need.
- A great communicator: You’ll be in contact with various people every day — candidates for this position should enjoy constant communication and have a passion for helping people. You have a knack for processing complex information by tailoring your language to support user’s at various fluency levels with ActBlue’s tools.
- Comfortable going solo: While you’ll be working on a team, most of your day–to–day work will be independently driven and managed.
- Goal–oriented: We have goals as a team that we work hard to consistently meet and exceed. You are someone who enjoys both setting goals and meeting them, as well as supporting your team in meeting theirs.
- Organized and efficient over the phone and via email: The person in this role will be responding to a high volume of emails and calls each day and will regularly be problem solving with customers over the phone.
- Mission-driven: Our online fundraising technology makes it easy for more supporters to participate in the political process every day. We need people who are passionate about furthering this work and providing the best service to every campaign and organization that we work with.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time salaried position. This role will be fully remote and will require a non-traditional, but regular, work schedule including regular weekends and/or non-EST coverage. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $56,000 – $70,000 depending on experience.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.