Ahmed for Congress CA-16 is seeking a motivated, compassionate individual to join our team as a Field Director. Ahmed Mostafa has been fighting for human dignity his entire life. As a seasoned Tech Policy Expert and an unwavering attorney for Women’s Rights, Ahmed brings experience and know-how from the heart of Silicon Valley’s tech industry and the frontlines of legal advocacy.
Throughout his career, Ahmed Mostafa has been a steadfast ally and advocate for his community. His dedication to promoting human dignity is not just a policy stance; it’s a deeply ingrained part of who he is. Ahmed’s campaign is not a solo journey but a collective movement powered by the voices of the community. We look forward to the Field Director joining our collective movement.
This position requires significant in-person engagement and creative organizing to increase voter participation. The Field Director will serve an important role on the front lines of our campaign. The Field Director will be responsible for managing all field operations, including direct voter contact, day-to-day recruitment, and the training and management of field staff and volunteers.
This is a full-time position in California’s 16th Congressional District with a salary of $4,500 a month. This position has an immediate start date and an end date of March 5, 2024, with the possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Assisting in the hiring and placement of field staff
● Training and supervising field staff throughout the campaign cycle, while implementing
clear benchmarks and accountability measures
● Working with campaign management to design and implement field, voter contact, and
● Engage and collaborate with a diverse array of partners, volunteers, and staff to design
and implement high-quality campaign programming
● Leading internal communications with field staff
● Recruit, train, support, and retain volunteers through both traditional and digital
organizing based on metric given goals
● Plan and manage direct voter contact programs, including phone banks, text banks,
canvasses, relational organizing, and other volunteer and recruitment events
● Engage and collaborate with a diverse array of partners, volunteers, and staff to
implement high-quality campaign programming
● Develop and foster relationships with local activists and existing volunteer networks
● Ensure all volunteer shifts are launched and completed in an organized fashion
● Provide complete and accurate daily reports in support of voter contact goals
● Establish and manage aggressive Get Out The Vote efforts
● Other duties as assigned
● Love for community and helping others
● Possess a deep commitment to grassroots engagement, empathy, advocacy, and
justice, and be able to convey these values in your work
● Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines, pay attention to detail,
and creatively solve problems
● Ability to motivate and empower staff and volunteers to reach goals
● Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
● Strong willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
● At least one campaign cycle managing staff or equivalent experience
● Understanding of PDI including turf cutting, list-making and data assessment
● 1-2 cycles of experience working or volunteering on a grassroots campaign, whether it’s
electoral, union, or community organizing campaigns
● Access to reliable transportation
● Must be in the district or able to relocate
● Have experience deep canvassing
● Have strong ties to the area and be willing to travel throughout the district
● Experience with social media platforms
● Experience with PDI, Reach, Scale-to-Win, and Mobilize
● Bilingual or multilingual speakers, particularly in Spanish, are encouraged to apply
If you share our values, thank you! You’re already part of our movement.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Field Director: (Your Name)”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org