WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The ActBlue Art Director works closely with the Creative Director to develop brand creative identities and manage the visual aspects of each ActBlue brand and related marketing communications. The Art Director coordinates the work of other design staff, directing artwork, backgrounds, and layout designs, and collaborating with content specialists to conceptualize visual brand strategy. The Art Director also manages design projects to detailed budgets and project timelines, while guiding the creative instincts of marketing graphic designers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage the ActBlue brand creative identity and language to drive innovation based on tech, political, and non-profit industry best practices; identify opportunities to enhance ActBlue’s market position.
- Lead, oversee, and/or execute design campaigns that are aligned with organizational and departmental operation plans.
- Support the project plan process by actively monitoring adherence to timelines, creative brief strategy, and consistent, open communication across the organization.
- Collaborate with other Art Directors to develop and manage design project calendars and with Content Strategists and researchers to ensure design initiatives are data-validated pre-and post-development.
- Pursue professional development to hone graphic design and creative leadership skills.
- Monitor nonprofit/fundraising/technology industry design trends to drive competitive positioning of the ActBlue brands.
- Delegate tasks to direct report(s), give feedback, and provide the tools necessary to drive awareness, perception, and consideration across brands.
- Nurture team growth in professional development and project management.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5-7 years of recent experience in an advertising or agency setting.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CC) including InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe X, and Photoshop.
- Foundation in design theory and visual hierarchy, specifically color theory and typography.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills .
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign layout software, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Ability to work in digital and print environments within established brand guidelines.
- Experience in After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Adobe Audition
BONUS POINTS IF…
- You have previous experience with mixed media or printing techniques
- You have experience with Prepress
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $90,000 – $136,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.