WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The ActBlue Assistant Director, Brand Research, measures the impact of the brands’ narratives and visual representations based on established personas and identified company metrics. This role collaborates closely with the Marketing Director to identify the long-term value of the ActBlue brands, identify established and emerging industry and marketing trends, maintain a pulse on shifts in audience behaviors and appetites, and provide informed Marketing-performance updates and recommendations to the organization. The Assistant Director, Brand Research will supervise the Research Associate in data visualization and reporting.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Define Marketing research objectives based on key challenges and set the strategy for how insights will be derived and shared across the organization.
- Implement, own, and manage a long-term brand tracker to quantify the impact of ActBlue marketing efforts over time.
- Measure and report campaign, media (print, social, website, events, etc), messaging, and creative effectiveness for each marketing initiative.
- Monitor non-profit/fundraising/technology industry marketing activities to inform on shifts in trends, positioning, and consumer sentiment.
- Identify and vet new marketing technologies and products that can be used by the team.
- Partner with Outreach Marketing Data Manager to drive high engagement with HubSpot Marketing Hub.
- Collaborate with ActBlue Outreach and ActBlue Technical Services Data and Research departments to measure and assess demographic, geographic, behavioral, psychographic, and attitudinal changes across ActBlue personas.
- Advise marketing team on data required to optimize individual projects; provide data and insights as needed to enhance strategies and outputs.
- Manage Brand Research Associate in data visualization and projects as assigned.
- Recommend changes to Marketing policies, procedures, and processes — re-engineering them, as necessary, to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Build actionable and data-visualized reports that answer key business questions and educate colleagues on best practices in Marketing research.
- Provide time-based reporting (monthly/quarterly/annually/etc.) to enable transparency around marketing performance across the organization.
- Additional duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, or computer science, or 6+ years of experience manipulating, analyzing, and reporting on a wide variety of data sets.
- Strong quantitative analytics skills with Excel (including graphs and pivot tables), SQL, and data visualization tools required; can transform complex data sets into simple visuals and dashboards.
- Experience in statistical and predictive modeling, regression analysis, and data mining.
- Experience managing a brand tracker and related third-party vendors.
- Experience supporting brand marketing initiatives with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing research providers in the industry.
- Experience with CRM-based analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and analysis both verbally and in writing to a non-technical audience.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $110,000 – $166,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.