- Coordinate and drive issue-based deep canvass projects for statewide issue campaigns, as well as for legislative and power building work;
- Support the proficiency of local chapters to use deep canvassing to build power around their issue campaigns, through training and regular project consultation;
- Develop and manage a statewide cadre of distributed volunteers who are trained in PA Stands Up’s deep canvass model, and who can be mobilized on behalf of both statewide and local chapter deep canvass projects; this includes volunteer recruitment, orientation and mobilization, as well as community building activities;
- Provide and track qualitative and quantitative issue data to/for the organization-wide long-term agenda planning process;
- Run regular deep canvass trainings for all PASU stakeholders, and in particular local chapter staff, leaders and members;
- At least 2 years experience as a canvasser; ideally some understanding of The New Conversation Initiative’s deep canvass methodology;
- Experience leading canvass teams, and supervising other canvassers;
- Experience training volunteers both in deep canvass skills and in the political analysis that motivates deep canvass work;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral. This person must be a strong and authentic verbal communicator and persuader;
- High ability to work cooperatively and patiently with other staff members and volunteer leaders;
- Experience working with persons of diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual preference, gender expression, socioeconomic backgrounds, and with individuals who are differently-abled;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice through previous employment, life, or volunteer experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to organize and set priorities a must.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills; ability to overcome technical and non-technical challenges.
- High ability to both get things done and to teach AND to drive others to do the same.
LOCATION: Pennsylvania. Must be available to travel across the state, when allowable.
HOURS: Full time, salaried position.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary package and benefits. Salary range is $50-65K; actual offer amount will be matched to experience, competencies and capacities. Fully paid health insurance. Training and leadership development opportunities, vacation, and time-off.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a RESUME and LETTER (1-2 pages) that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Canvass Manager” in the subject line.
PA Stands Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Source: Pennsylvania Stands Up Jobs