The Carolina Federation and Siembra NC seek a full-time Quality Control Manager for our joint program to register thousands of underrepresented voters. The Quality Control Manager will be responsible for setting up and managing systems to ensure that all voter registration forms submitted are complete, accurate, and legally compliant.
- Pay: $64,000-$70,000 annual equivalent, based on equity, experience, and qualifications.
- Benefits: We currently offer employer based health care (medical / dental /vision), disability, retirement (including employee match) and a generous paid time off policy.
- Employer: This position will be shared between Carolina Federation and Siembra NC, supervised through Carolina Federation.
- Location: We are looking for a candidate who currently lives in or is willing to relocate to North Carolina. The ideal candidate for this position would live in either the Triad or Triangle region of the state.
- Timeframe: This is a temporary position from March through June of 2024, with the possibility of remaining on with Carolina Federation through November 2024 as the Compliance Manager.
- Maintain high caliber data collection; ensure that Siembra and Carolina Federation voter registration drive is accurately registering voters and maintaining the highest standards of integrity, form completion, and data quality.
- Design, set up, and manage clear systems for processing all incoming voter registration forms from our voter registration drive.
- Conduct independent verification calls to ensure that the results of canvassers’ voter registration activities are accurate. Escalate any flags to the Engagement Director.
- Bring recommendations for improvement to the team based on results of verification calls.
- Work with Regional Office Directors to ensure:
- That all forms are redacted and sent to you for quality control at the end of each day;
- That all reasonable effort is made to fix incomplete or illegible information on forms;
- That data is entered accurately;
- That completed forms are submitted to the Board of Elections weekly.
- Work with the Deputy Data Director to design and manage voter registration data systems.
Participate in regular training.
- Stay up to date on any new procedures or guidance from the State Board of Elections about voter registration compliance.
What We’re Looking For
- A commitment to building power; through elections, issue campaigns, base-building, and organizing, centered around the leadership of working-class people and people of color.
- A commitment to racial, economic, gender, and environmental justice and to lifting up the leadership and dignity of working-class people and people of color; a felt sense of inspiration and alignment with our DNA principles.
- A commitment to interdependence — bringing your best, relying on the strengths of others, the knowledge that we are responsible for each other’s well-being.
- A commitment to integrity – drawing from deep values and beliefs with a track record of honesty and courage.
- A commitment to being resilient, ambitious, and relentless – leaning on professional and personal support systems and internal resources to sustain yourself in challenging times; believing that you and others are capable of greatness and that victory is possible for our people; getting creative and experimental when things get difficult.
Technical Skills and Past Experience:
- Attention to detail and timelines; an ability to execute complicated sequential steps with rigor and precision, often on a tight deadline.
- Ability to design and manage straightforward, effective systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and organize others to follow protocols.
- Familiarity with North Carolina voter registration laws, and best practices for ensuring compliance, or willingness to learn these quickly.
- Experience with voter registration database tools (VAN/Votebuilder, Blocks, or other).
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 cycle of experience working in quality control for voter registration programs in North Carolina, or a state with similar restrictions.
- Spanish-English bilingual is a plus but not a requirement.
How to Apply
- Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include:
- Subject line: “Quality Control Application [Your Initials]”. For example, “Quality Control Application GGH”.
- Your resume, attached.
- Your full name, phone number, and county/state of residence, if not included in your resume.
- At least three references, with:
- Where you know them from
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We are seeking to hire for an early March start date, so the sooner the better.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Carolina Federation and Siembra NC
About the Carolina Federation
The Carolina Federation is a statewide organization that brings people together across race to build a new political majority in North Carolina - one rooted in a culture of belonging and strong enough to win elections and wield governing power in our state. Our work combines the best of Southern freedom traditions: deep base-building, transformative cultural work, power-building issue campaigns, and large-scale voter organizing.
In just five years our chapter-based membership organization has grown to become the largest voter engagement operation in our state. But we are equally proud to be known for the depth of our leadership development, our democratic endorsement processes, and the governance of the organization by elected member leaders.
About Siembra NC
Siembra NC (and our c3 affiliate, Somos Siembra) is a grassroots organization focused on building power by organizing our Latinxs gente in North Carolina. We’re part of the movement to overturn the New Confederacy by electing candidates up and down the ballot who will back our campaigns to reclaim stolen wages, stop exploitative landlords and keep ICE, sheriffs and police from separating, jailing and abusing Black & Brown North Carolinians. In addition to successful campaigns to defend workers, stop evictions and free dozens from ICE jails, we’ve registered thousands of Latinos to vote each of the last three years and have led the state’s largest Latino voter engagement door program in 2020 and 2022. We’re part of a movement ecosystem that successfully mobilized over 400,000 additional progressive voters in the last presidential election, have become one of only six states to gain a congressional seat following the 2020 Census, and laid the groundwork to make the state a battleground state for the 2024 presidential election.