Citizen Action of New York is one of the fastest-growing statewide grassroots organizations in the country. We fight for social, racial and economic justice, and an America that works for all of us, not just the wealthy and well-connected. Our member-driven organizing campaigns focus on issues at the state, local, and federal level, including education, health care, money in politics, taxing the rich, and corporate accountability. In order to continue to grow our statewide power, we must strengthen our local chapter and involve people who are directly impacted by injustice in the work of creating a just society. We play a leadership role in organizing major statewide coalitions and we want to continue to build power in New York state with a strong local chapter that will exert statewide influence in order to make concrete changes in people’s lives.
Citizen Action of New York has eight regional grassroots offices, including one based in Capital District, Bronx, or Hudson Valley. We are currently seeking a LEAD ORGANIZER for the Hudson Valley office.
This is a full-time position starting immediately. If you have strong interpersonal and communication skills, like working with a diverse group of people and are committed to social change, come join our growing organization!
Primary responsibilities include:
● Organize actions, mobilizations, canvassing, media coverage and other activities as part of our issue and electoral campaigns, with a major focus on housing and criminal justice reform
● Door to door work is required
● Recruit members, build our volunteer base and train local members and leaders
● Build and staff local coalitions, local Citizen Action leadership committees, help to build a support a chapter.
● Work to develop the Board and create committees to strengthen the local organization
● Raise local funds
● Supervise staff
● Five or more years of experience organizing issue and /or electoral campaigns
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● A creative approach to problem-solving, including strong analytic, strategic and planning skills
● Ability to travel, including having a reliable car
● Ability to work evenings and weekends Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate, with experience. Full health benefits.
●Supervisory and fundraising experience; background in housing and criminal justice policy helpful.
●Knowledge of local, federal, and/or New York State politics is also desired.
●Has the ability to work organize remotely.
Salary and Benefits: Will commensurate with experience. Full health benefits.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter at https://nexusmanagement.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=138
Citizen Action of New York is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to build an organization that aggressively pursues a racial justice agenda. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Citizen Action of NY
Citizen Action of New York is a statewide, grassroots, member-led organization that fights for social, racial, economic and environmental justice. We organize in communities across New York State to build power. We collaborate with organizations and coalitions to win on key issues and elect progressive candidates at the local, state and federal levels.