Lead Organizer- NYC
Citizen Action of New York is one of the fastest-growing statewide grassroots organizations in the country. We fight for racial, social, economic and environmental justice, and an America that works for all of us. We are focusing our work on issues such as housing, climate, education, and criminal justice reform. Statewide we have won significant improvements in New Yorkers’ lives, and we have elected progressive candidates to office. We play a leadership role in organizing major statewide coalitions including the Alliance for Quality Education, NY Renews and the Health Care for All New York Coalition.
Citizen Action of New York has eight regional grassroots offices and we continuing to build those out. We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Organizer to work with the community one of these regions; Capital District, Hudson Valley, or the Bronx.
If you have a strong organizing experience, like working with a diverse group of people and are committed to social change, come join our growing organization!
● Organize actions, mobilizations, canvassing, media coverage and other activities as part of our issue and electoral campaigns, with a major focus on housing and criminal justice reform
● Door to door work is required
● Recruit members, build our volunteer base and train local members and leaders
● Build and staff local coalitions, local Citizen Action leadership committees, help to build
a support a chapter.
● Work to develop the Board and create committees to strengthen the local organization
● Raise local funds
● Supervise staff
● Five or more years of experience organizing issue and /or electoral campaigns
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● A creative approach to problem-solving, including strong analytic, strategic and planning
● Ability to travel, including having a reliable car
● Ability to work evenings and weekends Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate, with experience. Full health benefits.
Additional factors: Supervisory and fundraising experience; background in housing and criminal justice policy helpful. Knowledge of local, federal, and/or New York State politics is also desired. Has the ability to work organize remotely.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. // https://nexusmanagement.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=112
Citizen Action of New York is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to build an organization that aggressively pursues a racial justice agenda. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.