The ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenges seeks a Program Manager. The Program Manager for the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge (ALL IN Challenge) works to engage colleges and universities in developing and deepening cultures of nonpartisan democratic engagement (defined as civic learning + political engagement + voter participation). Specifically, the Program Manager is responsible for recruiting and building relationships with colleges and universities in the United States. The Program Manager maintains and organizes ALL IN’s digital engagement opportunities for participating campuses and their stakeholders. The Program Manager also provides managerial and thought leadership to ALL IN’s community of practice program working with demographic-based, state, and athletic conference campus cohorts.
ABOUT THE ALL IN CHALLENGE
ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, an initiative of Civic Nation, empowers colleges and universities to achieve excellence in nonpartisan student democratic engagement. Through an intentionally-designed program that provides structure, support, and recognition, ALL IN works to improve civic learning, political engagement, and voter participation on more than 960 campuses nationwide. ALL IN believes higher education should play a role in developing an active and informed citizenry by educating students, motivating them to engage in American democracy, and instilling the value of lifelong participation.
ABOUT CIVIC NATION
Civic Nation is a nonprofit ecosystem for high-impact organizing and education initiatives working to build a more inclusive and equitable America. We shift culture, systems and policy by bringing together individuals, grassroots organizers, industry leaders and influencers to tackle some of our nation’s most pressing social challenges. Our initiatives take on the biggest issues of our time — strengthening democracy, fostering civic engagement and voter participation, fighting for gender equity, and more. Civic Nation is home to six initiatives: It’s On Us, ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, End Rape On Campus, United State of Women, We the Action and When We All Vote.
- Manages a network of higher education institutions participating in the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, specifically campuses in the Southeast region. Responsibilities include recruitment of new campuses, onboarding campuses and primary contacts, ongoing campus-specific communications, and supporting overall engagement in the ALL IN program
- Manages agenda setting, campus engagement, and monthly conversations with institutions within and interested in ALL IN’s community of practice program
- Oversees digital engagement (e.g., webinars) opportunities across ALL IN programs and collaborating with Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition partners doing similar work
- Manages updates to ALL IN websites to reflect campus engagement and events
- Collaborates with ALL IN team members to provide updated content for reports for ALL IN resources and to funding partners
- Supports ALL IN’s involvement with the Ask Every Student program
- Manages the biannual Campus Action Plan collection and review process as well as the intake of campus National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSLVE) reports
- Organizes ALL IN virtual and in-person events such as regional campus voting summits, trainings, and webinars. Represents the ALL IN program at conferences, trainings, and events
- Cross-collaborates with Civic Nation teams to ensure cohesive, comprehensive, and efficient efforts to achieve ALL IN’s overall program goals and mission
- Actively participates in internal meetings as well as represents ALL IN with external partners
- In coordination with team members, supports the intern experience by way of recruitment, project engagement, and professional development. May supervise interns
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Comfortability with traveling to represent ALL IN and Civic Nation at conferences, events, and campus visits (est. 20%)
- 3+ years of experience in field organizing, nonpartisan democratic engagement, and/or higher education
- 1+ year of experience working directly with college students, faculty, or staff
- Understanding of higher education and nonpartisan democratic engagement
- Have a working knowledge of website management (WordPress) and/or HTML
- Experience with event planning, communications, and/or fundraising
- Experience with data management and content management tools like Every Action
- Ability to consistently complete projects and adapt to shifting priorities while working to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to produce results in a collaborative environment as well as act as a self-starter
- Adept in utilizing tools (e.g., Google Workspace, Canva, Typeform) to create professional presentations and other written programmatic materials
- Ability to build relationships and work with people in various contexts
- Commitment to strong data infrastructure, collection, and analysis
- Approaches problems creatively and with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Brings high attention to detail and organization to all projects and tasks
- Have a commitment to nonpartisan democratic engagement
- Have an understanding of nonpartisan democratic engagement (civic learning, political engagement, student voting) activities, preferably connect to higher education
- Have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral presentation skills
SALARY & BENEFITS
The Washington, DC-based salary range for this position is $55,000 – $64,000 (will be adjusted for cost of labor for the incumbent’s work location) annually, commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees, flexible paid time off, paid family & medical leave, access to a 401k plan, and more.
MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Civic Nation is committed to protecting our employees and our communities from COVID-19. Toward that goal, and in consideration of guidance released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and a variety of public health authorities and professional organizations, Civic Nation has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for its employees.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment at Civic Nation unless an exemption or deferral has been approved. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after they get their second dose of a messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine, such as Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna, or two weeks after a single dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
New employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date unless an exemption due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice is granted.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume here. The cover letter, addressed to Stephanie King, should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for Civic Nation.
At Civic Nation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with the fundamental belief that people are inherently capable but often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Civic Nation
Civic Nation is a nonprofit ecosystem for high-impact organizing and education initiatives working to build a more inclusive and equitable America. We shift culture, systems and policy by bringing together individuals, grassroots organizers, industry leaders and influencers to tackle some of our nation’s most pressing social challenges. Our initiatives take on the biggest issues of our time — strengthening democracy, fostering civic engagement and voter participation, fighting for gender equity, and more. Civic Nation is home to six initiatives: It’s On Us, ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, End Rape On Campus, United State of Women, We The Action and When We All Vote.