It’s On Us seeks a part-time Virtual Peer-Educator Trainer for our college sexual assault organizing and prevention program. It’s On Us employs a peer-educator model that empowers our student leaders to be the change they want to see in their own campus communities. The Virtual Peer-Educator Trainer will be responsible for training our national network of student leaders to deploy our 8 core sexual assault prevention education programs within their own campus communities. The Virtual Peer-Educator Trainer will offer one virtual training session per program per month, for a total of 8 hours of virtual peer-educator training. The Virtual Peer-Educator Trainer will also be responsible for training students who will present at our four annual It’s On Us’s Regional Student Leadership Summits (two per semester). This position should expect to work no more than 20 hours per month.
This is a remote, part-time position, reporting to the Associate Director of Campus Organizing, It’s On Us.
ABOUT IT’S ON US
It’s On Us is building the movement to combat campus sexual assault by engaging all students, including young men, through grassroots organizing, prevention education programs, and large-scale culture change campaigns. Founded as an initiative of the Obama-Biden White House, It’s On Us is the largest student-organizing program of its kind. IOU chapters have led more than 10,000+ educational programs on more than 500 college campuses in all 50 States.
ABOUT CIVIC NATION
Civic Nation is a nonprofit ecosystem for high-impact organizing and education initiatives working to build a more inclusive and equitable America. Civic Nation shifts culture, systems, and policy by bringing together individuals, grassroots organizers, industry leaders and influencers to tackle some of our nation’s most pressing social challenges. Civic Nation is home to seven national initiatives and campaigns: ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, Change Collective, It’s On Us, Online for All, SAVE On Student Debt, We The Action, and When We All Vote.
The It’s On Us Virtual Peer-Educator Trainer will be responsible for:
- Learning and translating the content of our peer-education programs to our national network of student leaders.
- Managing scheduling of all virtual peer-educator training sessions to be at times that are accessible and responsive to college student schedules across U.S. time zones.
- Conducting 8-10 one-hour virtual peer educator training sessions per month during the months of August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April.
- Conduct 8-10 one-hour virtual peer educator training sessions with It’s On Us’s Regional Advisors and Caucus Chairs during the months of June and July as part of their summer masterclass training.
- Conducting virtual peer-educator training sessions with students who present at It’s On Us Regional Student Leadership Summits (four per year).
- Providing feedback to the Associate Director of Campus Organizing on the content, quality, and student engagement with the peer-educator training sessions on a needs-basis.
- Experience conducting peer-education programs.
- A track record of effectively conducting engaging virtual education programs with youth and/or young adults.
- A demonstrated commitment to combatting sexual violence.
- The ability to educate and give feedback in a trauma-informed manner, taking into consideration that many of It’s On Us’s student leaders are survivors themselves.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong ability to listen, understand, connect, earn the trust of, and collaborate with youth and young adults.
- Knowledge of Zoom, Google Slides, and/or equivalent webinar platforms and virtual presentation tools.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The Washington, DC-based salary range for this position is $20-$25 per hour up to 20 hours per month (will be adjusted for cost of labor for the incumbent’s work location), commensurate with experience..
Candidates can expect the following hiring process and timeline (please note that this timeline may be subject to change):
- February 7 – 26, 2024: Applications Accepted
- February 26 – March 8, 2024: First-Round Interviews: Introductory Call
- March 11 – March 15, 2024: Second-Round Interviews: Leadership & Assessment
- Week of March 18, 2204: Hiring Decision announced
All candidates will be notified via email of the status of their application on or before the completion of the search.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume here. The cover letter, addressed to Blake Kitterman, Associate Director of Campus Organizing, should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for Civic Nation. Applications will be accepted until February 26, 2024.
At Civic Nation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with the fundamental belief that people are inherently capable but often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Civic Nation is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com