Civic Nation and When We All Vote are seeking a Chief Development Officer (CDO) to provide strategic leadership and guidance for the organization’s fundraising operation. Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the CDO is responsible for leading a high performing development department, creating and successfully implementing a diversified fundraising plan that thrives in a rapid response work environment and meets the annual budgetary needs of the organization, as well as strengthens the foundation for long-term sustainability.
CIVIC NATION & WHEN WE ALL VOTE OVERVIEW
Civic Nation serves as a mobilization hub at the intersection of creative communications, community organizing, narrative and culture change strategies, and high-level stakeholder engagement. At Civic Nation we house some of the most innovative campaigns organizing for progress across the country including the It’s On Us, the United State of Women and When We All Vote, Co-chaired by Michelle Obama.
We partner with some of the country’s most influential voices, brands, organizations and institutions and bring together a collection of leading talent with deep expertise in their individual issue area and a collective passion for civic engagement.
● Develop and oversee a strategic fundraising plan for central Civic Nation and its related programs, focused on individual and institutional major donors.
● Provide direct support to the CEO on all aspects of fundraising activities and responsibilities.
● Support board members with their fundraising efforts.
● Collaborate with senior staff in developing departmental fundraising strategies and donor engagement plans.
● Coordinate all departments involved in fundraising including Partnerships and Digital.
● With CEO and senior staff, manage relationships with current and prospective major individual and institutional donors.
● Develop and oversee implementation of regular donor communications and engagement activities.
● Develop and oversee fundraising events, including donor cultivation.
● Develop and update fundraising messaging and materials.
● Supervise development staff.
The Director should have experience in some, if not all of the following areas:
● Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in non-profit or campaign fundraising.
● Successful track record of personally identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual donors, foundations and/or corporations.
● Significant experience working with major donors, including coordinating executive outreach, ensuring appropriate follow up, and managing cultivation calendars and scheduling.
Applicants should also have:
● A strong commitment to the Civic Nation mission and the mission of its individual programs.
● Passion for justice.
● Outstanding attention to detail.
● Strong project management skills.
● Working knowledge of c3 fundraising.
● Excellent writing skills and ability to craft successful development communication materials.
● Fundraising database experience preferred.
● Demonstrated success meeting fundraising goals and budgets.
● Knowledge of national philanthropic communities.
● Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
● Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
● Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
● Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork and people skills.
● Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
● Ability to have fun – even under pressure!
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid health, dental, and vision insurance; generous paid time off, access to 401k plan, and more.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Development Director. The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for Civic Nation. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Civic Nation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity among our staff and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation does not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org