Civic Nation and When We All Vote are seeking a Deputy Director of Development to manage fundraising operations for Civic Nation and its related programs. The Deputy Director will report to the Chief Development Officer and help manage a high performing development department to implement a diversified fundraising plan for the organization.
CIVIC NATION & WHEN WE ALL VOTE OVERVIEW
Civic Nation serves as a mobilization hub at the intersection of creative communications, community organizing, narrative and culture change strategies, and high-level stakeholder engagement. At Civic Nation we house some of the most innovative campaigns organizing for progress across the country including It’s On Us, the United State of Women and When We All Vote, Co-chaired by Michelle Obama.
We partner with some of the country’s most influential voices, brands, organizations and institutions and bring together a collection of leading talent with deep expertise in their individual issue area and a collective passion for civic engagement.
● Drive and project manage a strategic fundraising plan for central Civic Nation and its related programs, focused on individual and institutional major donors.
● Build and sustain relationships with major donors; increasing constituents’ participation in our work.
● Provide strategic guidance to senior staff in their fundraising efforts.
● Supervise and project manage staff in developing foundation proposals and reports, as well as proposals and reports for individual donors, programmatic partnerships, and other institutions as needed, and ensuring timing completion.
● Oversee prospect research and preparation of other materials in advance of donor meetings.
● Work with the team to develop foundation strategy including prospect development and proposal content.
● Provide project management of donor cultivation and engagement activities, including events, briefing, conference calls, etc. (both virtual and in person).
● Manage daily activities of the Development team.
● Ensure that established systems are followed for donor acknowledgement, recordkeeping, and donor recognition.
● Oversee maintenance of the donor database (EveryAction).
● Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer..
● Minimum 5 years of experience, preferably for a nonprofit or political organization.
● Demonstrated success in development management, grant writing, and donor cultivation.
● Demonstrated success meeting fundraising goals and budgets.
● A strong commitment to the Civic Nation mission and the mission of its individual programs.
● A passion for justice.
● Outstanding attention to detail.
● Strong project management skills.
● High proficiency with MS office suite, internet research, and database management.
● Experience with donor management/fundraising software databases.
● Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
● Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
● Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals and deadlines.
● Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork, and people skills.
● Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
● Ability to have fun – even under pressure!
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid health, dental, and vision insurance; generous paid time off, access to 401k plan, and more.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Deputy Development Director. The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for Civic Nation. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Civic Nation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity among our staff and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation does not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com