The candidate will work as part of a team of analysts that support the entire organization and require interdepartmental collaboration. It requires the ability to translate findings from data analyses into programmatic insights. This position is fast paced. The candidate will receive some training to complete the job duties, therefore, the candidate must possess curiosity to learn and develop processes and have technical acumen. We are seeking a problem solver who is willing to address continuously evolving and complex departmental needs.
You will work with program staff to ensure the collection and dissemination of accurate data. Evaluate data captured on Salesforce and other data pipelines and generate reports for program and development inquiries. Provides ongoing data management support to program staff. Under the leadership of the Data and Evaluation Manager of Data Analytics and Programs, the Data Analyst will further the development of innovative data practices and processes through an inclusion lens.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the work of the Programs and Subcontract Administration Unit to ensure that their teams’ data is clean, secured, and updated
- Coordinate data collection activities with staff and subcontractors (e.g., create and distribute surveys, manage outreach, and calculate response rates)
- Assist in creating and facilitating ongoing training for program staff and subcontractors on proper data collection methods, monitor compliance, and provide updates to directors and program leads
- Assist in the development of measurement tools in a variety of formats to support different analytics projects such as subgrantee satisfaction, cost/benefit analysis, or program evaluations
- Produce reports and data visualizations that clearly communicate project findings to stakeholders
- Support the customization of the legal services portals and other interfaces that support contract work
- Attends team meetings to discuss department issues and develop efficiencies to improve the programs
- Track progress towards contract deliverables to ensure compliance and timely completion by the subcontractors
- Co-administer different software platforms to meet the data needs of end users across the organization, including Salesforce and Form Assembly.
- Complete periodic data quality audits to monitor all incoming data for errors and omission of required data
- Review grant application data requests and reports for consistency and accuracy
- Analyze and produce complex datasets using a variety of tools, such as statistical, graphical, spreadsheet, survey, and CRM software
- Maintain and organize all reports, audits, and survey documentation related to Subcontracting in their respective data servers
- Develops and maintains data management and evaluation skills through seminars, workshops, or other forms of training/education
- Supports the production of detailed and precise documentation of organizational processes and protocols
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Data Analytics and Programs
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Two-year experience in a related position or four-year college degree with coursework that includes logical reasoning, developing efficiencies, management, marketing research, or statistical coursework
- Maintains flexibility in completing tasks, including technical writing ability
- Must have intermediate knowledge of computer programs in Windows, including Word and Excel (VLOOKUP, AND/OR statements)
- Support CHIRLA’s fundraising goals, including the Annual Gala, Membership Drive, and Women Leading Change activities
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with CRM systems, Tableau, Power BI, or SQL
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and goals of CHIRLA and to working in a diverse professional environment
Desired Traits and or Characteristics
- Good listening skills to collect precise requirements and creativity to design innovative solutions
- Dependable work ethic and ability to bring projects to the finish line and work independently and as part of a team
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage deadlines and multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior management, programs staff, Board members, and private and public funders
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, Pashto, and Dari, spoken and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Knowledge of healthcare insurances in the area.
- Demonstrates proficient time management.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- Self-starter- able to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic and racial/ethnic backgrounds
- Excellent verbal, analytical, writing, and organization skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft 365- Internet required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours; evenings and weekends required.
- A commitment to social justice, and experience working with and in diverse low-income communities and communities of color.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on multiple projects.
- Access to a car, valid driver’s license and insurance, and ability to travel within the metropolitan area and sometimes out of state.
- Ability to have positive working relationships with CHIRLA staff, members, and allies.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage deadlines and multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Support CHIRLA’s fundraising goals including Annual Gala, Membership Drive and Women Leading Change activities.
JOB TITLE: Data Analyst I (Reporting)
Salary & Benefits: $64,896 to $ 67,000. CHIRLA also offers an excellent benefits package, which
includes annual paid vacation; additional paid holiday leave in December; employer contribution to
retirement account after three-month of employment; health, dental, vision and life insurance plans.
FLSA Classification: Exempt/Salary, full-time
Classification: CHIRLA recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with AFSCME District Council 36.
This position is not included in CHIRLA’s bargaining unit and covered under the terms of the collective
COVID-19 Requirements: CHIRLA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID19 or submit weekly negative test results.
REPORTS TO: Data & Evaluation Manager, Data Analytics and Programs
CLOSING DATE OF THIS POSITION: Position will remain open until filled.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, Headquarters
CHIRLA is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and administers all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, appointment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, training and educational opportunities without regard to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information as defined by the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age (40 or older), sexual orientation, HIV/AIDS status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. All such discrimination is unlawful. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA)
The Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1986. CHIRLA is a California leader with national impact made of diverse immigrant families and individuals who act as agents of social change to achieve a world with freedom of mobility, full human rights, and true participatory democracy. CHIRLA organizes and serves individuals, institutions and coalitions to build power, transform public opinions, and change policies to achieve full human, civil and labor rights. Guided by power, love and vision of our community, CHIRLA embraces and drives progressive social change.