CSNDC’s real estate team is led by an experienced Director of Real Estate. The team currently includes two Real Estate Project Managers and an Asset Manager who oversees the organization’s 1,000 units portfolio. CSNDC seeks an experienced real estate professional who will join the team and embrace the organization’s mission to prevent displacement and preserve existing affordable homes in the neighborhood.
CSNDC has a project pipeline with transformative projects at various phases of development. We have 77 new affordable housing units, major rehabilitation of 59 units, and 4,000 square feet of commercial space in various stages of planning or development. CSNDC is part of the Fairmount Collaborative, which includes Dorchester Bay EDC and Southwest Boston CDC. The Collaborative targets development opportunities near Fairmount commuter rail line stations.
The Real Estate Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of assigned real estate development projects. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Real Estate and/or the Senior Project Manager.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Assist in seeking new real estate opportunities and conducting early-stage feasibility analysis
· Assembling financing and submitting applications for grants, equity and loan programs
· Managing permitting, planning and the community process with community partners and organizing staff
· Soliciting, negotiating and overseeing third party consultant services and project teams
· Managing the closings for purchase, loan and equity investments
· Overseeing project budgets, the construction process and schedules
· Ensuring compliance with funding requirements and city, state and federal regulations
· Overseeing project marketing and lease up
· Maintaining investor and lender relationships
· Assisting with understanding residential market trends in the neighborhood
· Representing CSNDC before relevant boards, committees and neighborhood groups, and
· Other related duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a team player with a demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, affordable housing projects on time, within budget and with positive community impact. The Project Manager will possess many of the following skills and qualifications but not limited to:
· At least 2 years of experience in real estate development or real estate finance
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in real estate, urban planning, community development or a related field; additional work experience may be substituted for degrees
· Understanding of deal structuring, finance, design and construction management
· Familiarity with public, private and quasi-public financing programs for affordable housing and commercial real estate, preferably in Massachusetts
· Demonstrated ability to lead complex partnerships of public, non-profit and private stakeholders
· Experience with large scale mixed-use, mixed-income development projects and public land disposition preferred
· Strong critical thinking and negotiating skills
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and assignments in a fast-paced environment
· Persistence and skill working independently and as part of team
· Excellent verbal, written, technology and organizational skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people in a variety of settings, and
· A commitment to the organization’s mission and philosophy of community empowerment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corp
Codman Square NDC is building a cohesive and resilient community in Codman Square and South
Dorchester. We develop affordable housing and commercial spaces that are safe, sustainable and promote
economic stability for low‐ and moderate‐income residents of all ages. We provide employment and
business development programs and embrace and value diversity and racial equity. CSNDC partners with
residents, non‐profits, and local businesses to encourage civic participation and increase community
influence in decision‐making, resource allocation and comprehensive plans for our neighborhood.