About Color Of Change PAC:
Color Of Change PAC is one of the largest Black-led racial justice organizations in the country driven by millions of email and SMS subscribers. Color Of Change PAC seeks to endorse candidates that support demands which will bring about essential and transformative changes within the criminal legal system; these include but are not limited to, ending money bail and advancing pretrial justice, reducing collateral consequences for immigrant defendants, protecting kids within the youth justice system, holding police accountable, and increasing equity and transparency in the administration of the criminal legal system.
Calling for an end to two systems of justice, Color Of Change PAC, the political action committee of the nation’s largest online racial justice group, was among the first groups to draw the link between voter turnout in district attorney races and real change in Black communities.
Since its launch in 2016, Color Of Change PAC has mobilized over 40,000 volunteers, contacted and engaged millions of voters, and helped to elect candidates that are committed to our demands and accountable to Black communities. The PAC’s program is centered around motivating high potential Black voters to turn out in key races that impact us. Our multi-layered communication program is uniquely designed to connect Black voters to candidates in local, state, and national elections that will work to make everyday life better in our communities.
We’re hiring an Executive Director to provide visionary leadership, effective management, and oversight to Color Of Change’s political action committee, and to develop and execute our electoral strategy, fundraising, and campaign operations.
This role will not be expected to start prior to Election Day, 2022. This is a full-time exempt position.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning and execution: You will develop a multi-year plan and strategic vision that aligns with Color Of Change PAC’s theory of change. From the endorsement process to the election debrief, you will work to mobilize a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders toward a shared vision and implementation of this vision.
- Fundraising and budgeting: You will work to communicate and pitch the electoral strategy to existing and potential donors, funders and partners. You will lead the implementation and management of the budget, including making program adjustments as funding and political conditions evolve.
- Public speaking: You will act as a thought leader and spokesperson to the media and large audiences on behalf of Color Of Change PAC.
- Leadership: You will be responsible for the performance of your direct reports. You will ensure cohesion and effective communication amongst senior leaders within the organization, facilitate small and large group meetings internally and externally.
- Board management and growth: You will be the liaison between Color Of Change PAC and the Board of Directors to assure alignment in all endeavors throughout the cycle.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong commitment to racial justice (politically and in the development of one’s own leadership)
- 10+ years of experience building strategies that center on progressive campaigns
- At least five years in a management or leadership role
- Proven track record of successfully securing major gift support, with a focus on completing and closing six-figure asks
- Documented excellence in leading and communicating organization-wide efforts in planning, implementation, and financial management
- Excellent interpersonal skills to inspire, motivate, hold accountable and troubleshoot the complex issues that arise in a large campaign
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills, including coaching and mentorship abilities
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with clear priorities and to easily articulate the connections between the big picture and specific action plans and timetables
- Ability to translate big-picture thinking into written plans and presentations, and are confident in presenting and advocating those plans both internally and externally
Location: Washington, DC / New York, NY preferred, but remote candidates are welcome
Reports to: Color Of Change PAC Board
Compensation: The salary for the Executive Director position is $185,000. This is a full-time exempt position. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Union Position: No
How to Apply: Interested applicants should click the “Apply for this position” link and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. This role will not be expected to start prior to Election Day, 2022. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.
Color Of Change has engaged Meso Solutions to help with this hire, applicants will be contacted by someone on the Meso Solutions team.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.