Please apply through Development Resources, Inc.
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and non-profits working to create a better future. ActBlue puts power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements. If you have ever given online to a Democratic candidate or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used their software. ActBlue is a tech-non-profit organization, and their team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of ActBlue’s employees – from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros – is fully committed to the mission.
ActBlue is seeking an experienced Director of Communications to join the department as a strategic, cross-departmental leader. The Communications Director will be responsible for managing ActBlue’s external communications strategy as well as shaping internal communications content. This position will build on ActBlue’s work of making sure small-dollar donors are seen as central to the organizing successes of the last four years, tell the story of ActBlue’s commitment to serving and investing in diverse communities, and help them expand their communications operation to reflect their growing size and public image. This candidate will steer ActBlue’s press work and rapid response work and oversee the social media team in order to ensure all communications are integrated. You will be a spokesperson for ActBlue, comfortable speaking about the role of small-dollar donors and ActBlue in the press, and in conjunction with the Outreach team as ActBlue’s political leads, build relationships with communications teams at key partner organizations.
- Dedication to ActBlue’s mission of empowering small-dollar donors.
- 10+ years total experience in the communications field.
- Experience with rapid response communications, crisis management, or combatting disinformation a plus.
- 3+ years people management experience.
- Experience working on a Democratic campaign or related organization for multiple election cycles, and/or experience at a PR/communications agency or consulting firm that works with candidates or organizations.
- Professional experience leading high-stake situations with multiple stakeholders, including proven multitasking and prioritizing skills.
- Commitment to building actively anti-racist systems, projects, and teams.
ActBlue’s headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in office OR remote, salaried position. ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Washington DC.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for ActBlue. Please click here for additional job posting marketing and application link.