About Community Change and Community Change Action:
Community Change builds the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to lead powerful and dynamic movements for social change. With our community-based partner groups, we bridge the grassroots and the national, supporting outsider strategies to disrupt the status quo while also building pathways to influence the insider conversation.
Our vision of a better world centers the leadership of impacted people of color to move our work on immigrant rights, economic justice, and racial equity, including a focus on jobs and housing, early childhood care and education, income supports, and immigration reform.
This position also supports Community Change Action, an affiliated 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. While motivated by the same core values – equity, inclusion, and justice – Community Change and Community Change Action operate independently of one another and each organization has its own board of directors.
We are looking for a creative and committed Digital Organizer to join our digital team. The Digital Organizer is responsible for executing digital strategies to motivate and grow our digital audiences and help our local grassroots partners’ develop and integrate their digital and organizing programs.
The Digital Organizer will work with the Senior Digital Organizer, and larger digital and communications team, to execute comprehensive, data-driven digital strategies to engage motivate and grow Community Change and Community Change Action’s online audiences across several platforms.
The Digital Organizer will also work with the Senior Digital Organizer to advise partners and conduct trainings on the latest best practices in social media, email, paid digital advertising and SMS for our community-based partner groups and empower them with the skills and tools to grow their membership and power.
A successful candidate in this role will be a savvy digital-first communicator and organizer with a talent for creating content for digital platforms and tapping into what’s “on trend” online to motivate people into action!
A portion of time may be spent working with Community Change’s sister organization, Community Change Action.
- Execute digital strategies and campaigns to engage and motivate Community Change and Community Change Action’s online audiences to action
- Draft emails and execute email strategy
- Create content such as graphics, GIFs, memes, short mobile captured videos and other digital assets to support overall audience engagement
- Help manage paid digital advertising campaigns to motivate low-propensity voters, raise Community Change and Community Change Action’s brand and to grow audience and acquisition
- Writing copy for digital ads, emails, social media posts, websites etc and ability to incorporate feedback into work
- Conduct trainings and webinars for our community-based partner organizations on digital organizing
- Maintain digital metrics for monthly reports
- Support relationships with community-based partner organizations, develop and maintain relationships with national partners and allies
- Work with Community Change and Community Change Action’s internal organizing teams to integrate digital organizing into campaign plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three years’ experience in traditional or relational organizing, communications and/or digital organizing, digital campaigns or marketing.
- Demonstrated experience using digital platforms and tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SMS (broadcast and/or peer-to-peer), email and paid advertising for online audience engagement
- Proven content creation skills for digital platforms and audiences. Able to provide examples of previous work.
- Familiarity and understanding of digital benchmarks and metrics
- Comfortable speaking in front of large and small groups of people
- Knowledge of political and media landscape
- Experience and comfort working as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team and know how to combine assets available to the team in a way that maximizes ability of the team to function at a high level.
- Strong team player, familiar with team dynamics and willing to work in a team environment.
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies, tactics, and strategies.
- Strong commitment to social justice and social change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- The ability to produce consistent, quality work in a fast-paced environment is essential.
This position reports to: Director of Digital Strategy
Classification: Community Change recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in Community Change’s bargaining unit and covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
Travel Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time.
Salary & benefits: $70,000 – $80,000 annual salary. Community Change also offers an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of annual paid vacation; additional paid holiday leave between December 24 and January 1; 8% employer contribution to retirement account after six months of employment (and 3% employer contribution for the first 6 months); and a choice of generous health insurance plans.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations, a resume, and two writing/work samples.
Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com