About Community Change and Community Change Action:
Community Change builds the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to lead powerful and dynamic movements for social change. With our community-based partner groups, we bridge the grassroots and the national, supporting outsider strategies to disrupt the status quo while also building pathways to influence the insider conversation.
Our vision of a better world centers the leadership of impacted people of color to move our work on immigrant rights, economic justice, and racial equity, including a focus on jobs and housing, early childhood care and education, income supports, and immigration reform.
This position also supports Community Change Action, an affiliated 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. While motivated by the same core values – equity, inclusion, and justice – Community Change and Community Change Action operate independently of one another and each organization has its own board of directors.
We are looking for an innovative and passionate Senior Digital Organizer to join our digital team. The Senior Digital Organizer is responsible for developing and executing digital strategies to motivate and grow our digital audiences and help our local grassroots partners’ develop and integrate their digital and organizing programs.
Working with the Director of Digital Strategy and larger digital and communications team, the Senior Digital Organizer will develop and execute comprehensive, data-driven digital strategies to engage, motivate and grow Community Change and Community Change Action’s online audiences across several platforms.
As a leader within the organization on traditional in-person organizing and the latest best practices in social media, email, paid digital advertising and SMS, the Senior Digital organizer will also advise and lead trainings for our community-based partner groups and empower them with the skills and tools to grow their membership and power.
A successful candidate in this role will be flexible, innovative, detail-oriented and data driven with a strong understanding of digital trends and best practices.
Portion of time will be spent working with Community Change’s sister organization, Community Change Action.
- Create and help execute comprehensive digital strategies and campaigns to engage and motivate Community Change and Community Change Action’s online audiences to action
- Manage relationships with community-based partner organizations, develop and maintain relationships with national partners and allies and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Serve as strategic liaison to Community Change and Community Change Action’s organizing teams, working to consistently build digital organizing into traditional organizing plans
- Develop and manage paid digital advertising campaigns to motivate low-propensity voters, raise Community Change and Community Change
- Action’s brand and to grow audience and acquisition
- Manage and help execute email strategy
- Advise and lead trainings and webinars for our community-based partner organizations on digital organizing
- Assist the management of overall digital program’s analytics, benchmark development and monthly reporting
- Design and execute digital experiments for digital organizing, creating and disseminating experiment reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Eye for digital content and assist in digital content creation for SMS, blog posts, social media, email as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years’ experience in traditional or relational organizing, communications and/or digital organizing, digital campaigns or marketing. A mix of these experiences is ideal.
- Demonstrated experience using digital platforms and tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SMS (broadcast and/or peer-to-peer), email and paid advertising for online audience engagement
- Background developing and leading trainings and comfortable speaking in front of large and small groups of people
- Proven success using digital tools and strategies for organizing or issue advocacy campaigns
- Experience with project management, goal-setting, metrics tracking, and reporting for digital marketing or organizing
- Writing copy for digital ads, emails, social media posts, websites etc and ability to incorporate feedback into work
- Knowledge of political and media landscape as well as voter outreach tactics and approaches
- Experience and comfort working as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team and know how to combine assets available to the team in a way that maximizes ability of the team to function at a high level.
- Strong team player, familiar with team dynamics and willing to work in a team environment.
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies, tactics, and strategies.
- Strong commitment to social justice and social change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- The ability to produce consistent, quality work in a fast-paced environment is essential.
This position reports to: Director of Digital Strategy
Classification: Community Change recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in Community Change’s bargaining unit and covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
Travel Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time.
Salary & benefits: $80,000 – $90,000 annual salary. Community Change also offers an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of annual paid vacation; additional paid holiday leave between December 24 and January 1; 8% employer contribution to retirement account after six months of employment (and 3% employer contribution for the first 6 months); and a choice of generous health insurance plans.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations, a resume, and two writing/work samples.
Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org