About Win Justice:
Win Justice is a collaboration between the Community Change Action, Color Of Change PAC, Planned Parenthood Votes, Service Employees International Union, along with our state-level affiliates, partners, and political committees. We have formed a groundbreaking coalition to win key elections in Nevada, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Florida. We will engage, organize, and mobilize voters of color, young people, women, and union supporters.
Our shared vision is to build permanent power through durable and meaningful community organizing. The strength of our collaboration is in our organizations’ deep capacity on the ground, brand strength, positive vision and values, history of collaboration and trust, and track record of engaging voters at scale.
Win Justice is seeking an enthusiastic State Director to serve in Wisconsin to manage our collaborative independent expenditure campaign. The State Director will manage a team of staff members, from direct hires to vendors to partner organizations. The State Director must work with all parties to run the field program, build and strengthen local leadership, and support the long-term goals of the coalition within designated regions.
This is a senior-level role. In this position, you will:
- In coordination with the National Campaign Director, manage the overall strategy development and execution for the 2020 field and communications program.
- Work with coalition partners and key stakeholders to develop and execute relevant organizing and electoral plans.
- Work with field leadership to break overall regional goals down into smaller goals, develop timelines and work plans, and produce reports to tell the story of your team’s progress.
- On-board and train new hires so that they understand the big-picture strategy of the campaign and their role in winning.
- Supervise campaign staff by setting clear goals, developing work plans, acting as a coach and mentor to ensure employee development.
- Participate in and lead volunteer and paid field campaign tactics.
- Represent the coalition with certain key political players, opinion leaders, allied organizations and coalitions.
- Provide training and connect state-based partners with legal counsel and processes to ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Work with partners and communications staff to ensure communications metrics are met, including: earned media, digital coordination, and strategies pertaining to electoral narrative and related programs.
- In coordination with the National Campaign Director and National Data Director, ensure and coordinate data management systems across the state-based partners.
- Coordinate state-based partner groups to ensure program metrics are met and reported on time.
Applicants for this position should bring the following experience, knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- 5-7 years experience managing campaigns and advocacy efforts (a combination of electoral and non-electoral work preferred).
- Experience managing full time staff including setting goals and deadlines for other people and coaching teams to meet those goals or deadlines.
- Expertise running a volunteer and paid field canvass operations.
- Expertise developing and leading voter contact campaigns (knowledge of both paid and volunteer programs preferred).
- Experience monitoring, managing, and enforcing a detailed budget.
- Strong data analysis skills; including comfort producing and interpreting reports with the Voter Activation Network (VAN).
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, communicate clearly and often, and manage diverse personalities and expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable meeting and talking with new people.
- Effective communicator face-to-face and in writing.
- Maintain a positive, can do, and solutions oriented attitude in tough situations.
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work independently.
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend.
- Licensed driver with access to a vehicle.
- Willingness to travel.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Deep experience living or working in Latinx, black or immigrant communities.
- Spanish language fluency including written and verbal interpretation.
- Experience managing mid-level staff in a multi-site operation.
- Has strong ties in the city or state in which you are applying to work.
- Brings a deep knowledge of or experience in reproductive health, immigration and/or criminal justice issues.
- Wants to revolutionize paid field into a movement building tool. Our work doesn’t end on election night, we are identifying, and building leaders who can carry our work and our movement into the new year!
- Has worked with and managed complex stakeholder relationships and coalition tables.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and benefits: This is a full-time temporary, exempt, position. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Timeline: The position begins immediately and continues through December 31, 2020.
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations and a resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org