Win Justice is seeking to contract full-time Communications Director services for the program in Wisconsin.
About Win Justice
Win Justice is a collaboration between the Community Change Action, Color of Change PAC, Planned Parenthood Votes, Service Employees International Union, along with our state-level affiliates, partners, and political committees. We have formed a groundbreaking coalition to win key elections in Nevada, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Florida. We will engage, organize, and mobilize voters of color, young people, women, and union supporters.
Our shared vision is to build permanent power through durable and meaningful community organizing. The strength of our collaboration is in our organizations’ deep capacity on the ground, brand strength, positive vision and values, history of collaboration and trust, and track record of engaging voters at scale.
About Win Justice Wisconsin
In 2020, Win Justice Wisconsin will work with our local and national partners to run a large scale electoral and organizing program that focuses on turnout for voters of color, young people, and women across the state. Our program will include phone-banking, digital organizing, intentional and large-scale civic engagement community programs, and voter education and protection programs.
Our primary objective in 2020 is delivering Wisconsin’s electoral votes for the Democratic Candidate. In addition, our plan will work to win victories in key legislative races in districts across the state.
The communications services needed include crafting and guiding the campaign’s media relations, messaging, and strategic narrative strategy. The contractor will report to the Win Justice Wisconsin State Director.
- Lead organizational narrative development process, including finalization and approval of messaging, talking points and shared materials. Ensure that messaging stays consistent across organizational priorities.
- Oversee development of organizational and campaign-specific media relations and messaging strategy in partnership with the campaign-specific leads, and digital team.
- Generate communications plans for the overall organization, in addition to core campaigns and issue-areas.
- Oversee message development and execution across all communications tactics.
- Set goals, objectives, activities, and metrics for communications strategy, and anchor systems for team-wide project management and coordination.
- Evaluate progress on communications strategy, seek out best practices, and create and review metrics and indicators to assess returns on strategies.
- Build and leverage relationships with print, broadcast and new media journalists to uplift organizational, spokesperson and affiliate profiles.
- Work with the digital team to inform online messaging that will tell the story of our network, generate online and offline action.
- Serve as liaison to coalition’s member to member communications table.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Minimum of five years experience in political/legislative communications and/or campaigns. Must have managed communications for different campaigns previously.
- Second language fluency is preferred.
- Strong commitment to our mission and the ability to articulate the vision and work.
- Exceptional verbal, and interpersonal communications skills. Strong public speaking.
- Strong written and editing skills.
- Strong critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- A desire to build the progressive movement and a demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice.
- Management experience.
- Equal parts “big picture thinker” and detail oriented — able to set broad communications strategy and fine-tune tactics.
- Impeccable follow through and the ability to manage projects across an organization with remote staff.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines, and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, foster and sustain relationships, through a highly collaborative style, with an ability to integrate multiple perspectives.
Compensation is Competitive.
Position Location: Wisconsin, can be virtual
Timeline: The position begins immediately and continues through December 31, 2020.
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations and a resume.