About Community Change and Community Change Action:
Community Change builds the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to lead powerful and dynamic movements for social change. With our community-based partner groups, we bridge the grassroots and the national, supporting outsider strategies to disrupt the status quo while also building pathways to influence the insider conversation.
Our vision of a better world centers the leadership of impacted people of color to move our work on immigrant rights, economic justice, and racial equity, including a focus on jobs and housing, early childhood care and education, income supports, and immigration reform.
This position also supports Community Change Action, an affiliated 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. While motivated by the same core values – equity, inclusion, and justice – Community Change and Community Change Action operate independently of one another and each organization has its own board of directors.
The Field Support Coordinator will enhance the effectiveness and expand the capacity of Community Change’s Field Support Team through coordination of administrative and coordinating work including assisting with meeting logistics planning and execution, managing calendars and scheduling, and providing quick and accurate note taking and transcribing. The person in this position will also provide support to the Director of Research and Program Development, and the Director of Governing Agenda and Ideas Generation. These functions support work with partners, and play a key role in promoting a sustainable, professional, organized, and collaborative atmosphere.
The Field Support Coordinator is an innovative self-starter and problem-solver who takes initiative and drives projects and tasks to completion. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, responsive, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. This person can work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team, exercise extreme discretion, demonstrate good judgment, and is flexible and highly trustworthy.
A portion of time will be spent working with Community Change’s sister organization, Community Change Action.
The Field Support Coordinator has both administrative and project coordinator responsibilities.
This is a 12-month flex position (full time).
Field Support Team Administrative Support
- Effectively manages calendars and appointments for the Field Support Team, the Director of Research and Program Development, and the
- Director of Governing Agenda and Ideas Generation in accordance with Community Change practices.
- Schedules meetings and trainings with the Field Support Team and other key staff.
- Participate in regular meetings to take notes, and organize and assist with action items.
- Creates or supports systems that share information across teams including budgets, contracts, grants, and calendared events.
- Use digital tools to successfully execute tasks and to collaborate and share information across teams.
- Tracks work flows from inquiry to completion.
- Accurately input data entry and/or data transcription from one tool to another.
- Reconciles staff expenses.
- Provide back-up support as needed, including logistical planning, research, materials, filing, copy, mailing, material preparation and other tasks.
- Represent Community Change/Action in a professional manner with members and staff of community-based organizations and other allied organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Field Support.
Events and Project Management
- Coordinates logistics for specific meetings, conferences, workshops and presentations for the Field Support Team, the Director of Research and Program Development, and the Director of Governing Agenda and Ideas Generation. This includes scheduling, coordinating travel, securing and managing contracts, ordering meals, working with the Facilities Manager, disseminating information, and developing and tracking budgets.
- On site point person for handling meeting coordination (scheduling, agenda, note taking, printing materials, meeting follow ups, food, and room reservations).
- Coordinates projects under the supervision of the Director of Field Support, the Campaign Advancement Team Staff or other staff as assigned. This includes setting up meetings, taking and distributing notes, following up on action items to keep projects moving forward, and developing and tracking budgets.
- Develops and tracks event and project budgets in real time.
- Promptly reconciles event and project expenses, sometimes on behalf of individual staff.
- Works closely and professionally with the relevant allies, partners, consultants and units across the organization to coordinate meetings and/or events.
Writing and Communication
- Prepares travel or meeting related documents, briefings, reports, etc.
- Drafts and formats documents and communications for staff including instruction manuals, mapping out work flows.
- Strong organizational, project coordination, and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Demonstrate sound judgement, flexibility and patience.
- Exercise discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent meeting and event planning and logistics coordination.
- Broad knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Ideally, proven work experience as an Administrative Assistant or similar role.
- Strong communication and writing skills (via phone, email, other online communication tools, and in-person).
- Proficiency using Microsoft products including Windows and Office Suite.
- Comfortable using cloud-based technology including Google Suite and dynamic databases like Salesforce.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Maintain high level of accuracy.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with the world of social change organizing and advocacy.
- Team player with the capacity to be resourceful and flexible.
- Commitment to economic, race and gender justice essential.
This person reports to: The Director of Field Support.
Classification: Community Change recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in Community Change’s bargaining unit and covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
Salary and benefits: $50,000 – $60,000 annual salary. Community Change also offers an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of annual paid vacation; additional paid holiday leave between December 24 and January 1; 8% employer contribution to retirement account after six months of employment (and 3% employer contribution for the first 6 months); and a choice of generous health insurance plans.
Travel Requirements: Less than 5%.
This position is located in Washington, DC or New York City.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations, a resume, and two writing samples.
Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org