WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Content Associate position is designed for a writer who is passionate about politics, advocacy, and our work of helping small-dollar donors make an impact. The role primarily focuses on cross-channel content generation, copywriting, and Marketing project support. This person will bring a collaborative, growth mindset to achieve strategic team- and organizational-wide goals. The Content Associate will use market research and audience data to inform ideas and project execution. The ideal candidate will be creative, organized, detail-oriented, and able to efficiently manage multiple projects at once.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Generate marketing content across ActBlue/ActBlue Charities-branded print and digital properties.
- Identify and present areas of opportunity to strategically add to and improve marketing content internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to develop and edit technical documents.
- Use CMS platforms such as WordPress and HubSpot to publish online content.
- Proofread and edit content generated by all departments.
- Work with Marketing Analyst to prepare post-campaign marketing performance reports.
- Manage Airtable entries to ensure accuracy and project progression.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading trade publications.
- Explore opportunities to add value to role, team, department, and organization.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Proven writing and editing experience, including the ability to write in multiple voices and styles.
- Demonstrated ability to determine priorities and manage time within multiple projects and workstreams.
- Attention to detail: You copy edit everything at least twice, ensure edits are implemented in every version of a project, know the small details of ActBlue’s brand, and distill meetings or project briefs into notes others can rely on.
- A clear, compassionate communication style: As a thoughtful collaborator, you ask questions or clarify roles as early as possible, strive to accommodate others’ needs while balancing your responsibilities, and seek other perspectives and feedback to make your work stronger.
- Proactive thinking: You anticipate others’ needs, plan with relevant calendars in mind, and figure out how to best communicate internally and externally. You extrapolate the underlying messages in conversations with others; when working with data you ensure everyone is aligned.
- Responsibility: You strive to find a solution to any and every issue, debrief mistakes, are confident in giving and receiving feedback, think critically about feedback, and persist in finishing projects, especially when other timely work takes precedence.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work through ambiguity — you're able to think on your feet and shift gears quickly if needed.
- Cultural awareness, with an eye toward current trends in content creation and the news cycle.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Curiosity and motivation to dive into metrics and data to help inform content creation.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in all dimensions of your work.
- Desire to continue to grow professionally in order to produce the best work possible.
BONUS POINTS IF…
- You have experience writing in a non-academic setting.
- You have experience writing for multiple audiences, such as members of the press, clients, and the general public.
- You have experience interning with a communications, marketing, or advertising team, or on a communications or digital team of a campaign.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $58,000 – $88,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.