WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Data Science & Analytics team is a new cross-functional team within the ActBlue Technical Services (ATS) Data Department. The Data Science & Analytics Manager will report to the Director of Engineering, Data. Their primary role will be to develop, maintain, and support the analytics and data science solution that drives better decisions at ActBlue. They will also work with leadership to build reporting structures, manage Data team members, and collaborate across departments to ensure data standards are current and accurate.
This role will serve as a leader within the Data Department and oversee the Data Science & Analytics subteam. They will work in tandem with the Data Engineering and Data Infrastructure managers to ensure teams have the information they need to monitor and achieve goals. They will also develop processes and services that promote users' self-sufficiency so that they can find the data they need to make informed decisions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Serve as a leader in the Data Department, providing strategic thought partnership to the Director in honing departmental strategy and goals.
- Manage and oversee the work of the Data Science & Analytics sub-team.
- Collect and prioritize needs from stakeholders.
- Manage the delivery of knowledge products with efficiency and high standard of quality.
- Maintain knowledge products in production, ensuring they continue to meet user needs.
- Lead and coach continual process improvement in the Data Science & Analytics team.
- Mentor and support team members in their career goals.
- Advance knowledge products through the analytics lifecycle from descriptive to prescriptive.
- Promote psychological safety in the team, as well as in the larger department and across ActBlue.
- Coordinate with ActBlue leadership to establish measurable goals and consistent metrics.
- Work with ActBlue leadership to elevate data insights and trends about prospective and current ActBlue users and tool usage.
- Work closely with other departments across the entire organization to collaboratively achieve ActBlue's internal and external goals.
- Assess knowledge gaps and strategize filling data needs that will further institutional knowledge and information sharing.
- Direct project management and delegate large, complex projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least five years of analytics and/or data science experience.
- At least three years of staff management experience is preferred.
- Experience collaborating and building relationships with teams across an organization.
- Experience creating robust work plans and executing large-scale project management.
- Proficiency in SQL, Business Intelligence tools, and/or Data Science tools.
- Experience with data pipelines and data hygiene standards.
- Familiarity with either R or Python, with an emphasis on data visualization and data automation a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team that encouraged skill-sharing and professional development.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with teammates and partners.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, salaried position. This can be a fully remote position, or can work out of the ActBlue’s office located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from the MBTA Red Line. This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. Travel may be required on a limited basis to attend all-staff and departmental retreats (1-2 times per year). Additional travel may be required for select positions. ATS is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C. and Wisconsin.
Salary Range Details:
Salary Range: $173,676 – $192,209
ActBlue is committed to consistent compensation practices across our organization. Final salary offers will take into account factors such as candidate experience, interview performance and current team salary parity.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families.
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match.
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue.
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Supervisory role not part of the Bargaining Unit position: Certain employees who report to this position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
ActBlue is deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. We commit to retaining, developing, recruiting, and hiring a diverse staff community. We honor the dignity of all. We celebrate their unique qualities. And we recognize the wide range of human differences, backgrounds, and intersectional identities that enrich the workspace and help us better meet our mission. If you feel a connection to our mission and see your interests reflected in this job description we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet every requirement.
ActBlue is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.