About People’s Action/Institute
People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
With offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL and remote staff across the country, we support and advance state-based and national fights for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more. Our member organizations, nearly 40 organizations across 30 states, improve lives by running local- and state-level issue and electoral campaigns, leading statewide tables, and collectively come together to change national policy and politics.
People’s Action/Institute has a track record of leadership in coordinating field mobilization and advocacy in advancing an array of issues at the local, state, and federal levels. Qur member organization have won important victories at the national, state, and local levels, including: health insurance for millions and the reversal of health care laws that discriminate based on citizenship, stopping Wall Street banks from selling predatory payday loans to their customers, and historic legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act to victory and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
For more information on PAI, please visit https://peoplesaction.org/.
Are you excited about digital tools and leveraging data for social change? Do you look forward to learning how new tools can improve work flows and impact? Are you intellectually curious and enjoy finding solutions to new problems and needs? Keep reading…
Overview of the Position
The primary function of the Data & Technology Manager is to remain current on all things tech and data. In doing so, the Data & Technology Manager will work with our Technology Director to make continual positive impacts within the organization’s technology processes and infrastructure.
What you will do (responsibilities):
- Serve as primary Salesforce administrator and support implementation project through requirement gathering, report development, documentation, and workflow development;
- Build out, maintain, and grow the organizational database. Solve critical areas of dysfunction and implement sustainable systems. Support program staff with use of Salesforce and other data collection tools and ensure that technological issues are resolved promptly; train staff as needed;
- Identify and analyze operational challenges across departments and design and implement process improvements to support a remote staff of 50+;
- Propose data and technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization priorities, identifying problems, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements, and integrating that knowledge to create and implement systems that work;
- Create and maintain processes and workflows to sync data between systems and tools;
- Assist with acquisition, upgrade, installation, and maintenance of laptops and other equipment;
- Train staff of varying technology skill and experience on current and new technologies;
- Create dashboards and reports measuring indicators of performance across the organization;
- Stay on top of the latest digital organizing and communications trends and technology, seeking out ways to integrate them into our work;
- Ensures safe work practices through implementing digital security policies and systems;
- Other duties as assigned;
The ideal Data & Technology Manager should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization;
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations;
- Four years of CRM experience in a fast-paced nonprofit setting; Salesforce certification and/or expertise with the Salesforce NPSP preferred;
- Two years of experience with relational databases and SQL;
- Solid understanding of digital security threats and best practices for their migration;
- Experience with reporting tools such as Metabase, Sisense for Cloud Data Teams, and Tableau;
- Experience deploying and providing end user support in a remote setting for applications and services;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Civis Platform, Google Cloud Platform, Google Workspace, Jamf Pro, and Okta helpful;
- Experience with, and curiosity about, trying new technologies and testing to learn and improve our work;
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in environments with multiple stakeholders, frequent change, and diverse objectives;
- Excellent strategic thinking, operations, quantitative, and qualitative skills;
- Ability to gather and synthesize information from a wide variety of people and sources;
Compensation and Benefits:
Status: Full-time, Regular, Exempt, benefits eligible
Salary Range: $60,000-$65,000
Location: Based in our Chicago, IL office. Washington, D.C. or remote locations may be considered for the right candidate.
Reports to: Technology Director
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account, 401(k) plan, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 11 paid holidays plus the last two weeks of the year that include Christmas Eve/Christmas Day as well as, New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day, and you accrue two weeks of vacation your first year or employment.
Commitment to Disability, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Close date: April 11, 2021
No phone calls please