WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
To drive conversion of prospective users to active users on the ActBlue platform, the Demand Marketing Director leads a skilled team whose goal is increasing awareness and understanding of ActBlue’s tools and services. This role will use marketing techniques to connect products or services with a targeted customer base by appealing to relevant interests and values. The Demand Marketing Director guides the organization’s acquisition vision by initiating customized marketing tactics, promotional materials, and select events. Empathetic leadership is critical to this role and ActBlue culture, requiring the Director to play a positive and active role in team development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Define scope and metrics for, execute, and measure omnichannel promotional campaigns tailored to drive consideration of and engagement with the products and features of ActBlue and ActBlue Charities.
- Foster cross-departmental relationships to (1) collaborate on developing optimized campaign strategies and (2) share learnings on audience behaviors to drive product innovation.
- Collaborate with Marketing Analyst and Data Manager to interpret market research and use analysis to develop brand and product strategies.
- Delegate tasks to direct reports, give feedback, and provide the tools necessary to drive awareness, perception, and consideration across brands.
- Nurture team growth in professional development, project management, and empathetic leadership.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- In-depth understanding of common marketing and advertising best practices.
- 6+ years of marketing experience managing brand campaigns, advertising, or related communications.
- 3+ years of direct management experience hiring, managing, training, and mentoring a team.
- Effective communication, including writing, speaking, active listening, and presenting.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Cross-department collaboration skills.
- Comfort with data analysis and proficient in critical thinking.
- Leadership skills including motivation, goal-setting, and project management.
- Ability to run projects autonomously, making effective decisions in planning.
- Deep understanding of brand management and marketing strategy including deliverability, segmentation, content creation, and events.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Experience working with vendors independently. You have a proven record of onboarding and maintaining a vendor relationship successfully.
- Strong public speaking and training skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity and model flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in all dimensions of your work.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $110,000 – $166,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.