WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The assistant will support ActBlue’s newly expanded Democratic Politics and Elections (DPE) department that works to support campaigns and electoral groups that utilize ActBlue for digital fundraising and organizing. This role will report directly to the DPE Director and utilize a unique skill set to help move department priorities forward. . Primary responsibilities will include scheduling, providing administrative support, and creating systems across the DPE Department to align benchmarks and other departmental coordination.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Calendaring & Administrative Support
- Manage the DPE Director’s daily and weekly calendar, including but not limited to scheduling internal recurring DPE Team, Outreach Team, and one-on-one meetings.
- Build and maintain a program calendar with deadlines for various teams within DPE.
- Proactively manage the DPE Director’s monthly and quarterly calendars so they are synced to the organization’s broader strategic priorities.
- Prepare the DPE Director for weekly commitments and meetings, and ensure they have relevant materials, IT-enabled equipment, and logistics support.
Meeting Support (Internal & External)
- Drive and own operational and technical logistics for department meetings including team and off-site meetings and external events
- Help prepare the DPE Director for upcoming meetings and events by assisting with presentations, talking points, and other necessary materials.
- Plan and book the DPE Director's work-related domestic travel arrangements, including managing costs and expense reimbursement actions.
- Perform other administrative projects and specific duties as requested.
Project Management Support
- Provide project management support from introduction to completion on a multitude of projects, including executing against deadlines, tracking progress, communicating with stakeholders, clarifying deliverables, and editing final projects.
- Create, update, and track information for staff within the Outreach Department.
- Support Outreach hiring managers by communicating throughout the Outreach hiring process, scheduling interviews, communicating with candidates, tracking hiring progress, and reporting any hiring updates to DPE Director on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate with the other Outreach Department assistants on various projects and participate in weekly assistant meetings.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- One to two years of experience working in a professional environment.
- A self-starter mentality: capable of working independently, but motivated by contributing to ActBlue’s goals and mission.
- Problem-solver approach: can identify problems and figure out the best solution to work through them with limited guidance.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail and high fidelity to follow up and follow through.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to keep confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $50,000-60,000 based on experience
The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families.
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match.
- Three months of paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue.
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks include monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.