WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive, people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Democratic Politics and Elections (DPE) Team is expanding within ActBlue to meet the unique opportunities we have within the progressive space. As a department head, the Democratic Politics and Elections Director will work with other members of ActBlue's leadership team to build the department’s strategic goals and plans. Leadership and staff management skills are critical to building a multifaceted program to help with long-, medium-, and short-term plans for the organization’s political and electoral work and expand the use of our tool within that marketplace.
This position will report to the Vice President of Account Management and Engagement.
- Direct a large-scale program aimed at relationship building in order to increase use of ActBlue and impact programs strategically in the political campaign space
- Lead the development of DPE program strategy; oversee implementation and iteration of the strategy
- Build and manage a complex team at various levels including ongoing professional development and skill-building
- Serve as the primary point of contact for political and electoral counterparts at national organizations
- Identify and drive opportunities to partner with other Democratic organizations to help reach ActBlue’s mission
- Serve as a lead generator for the team and a connector between staff and more established organizations
- Determine account management paths for campaigns, initiatives, and other Democratic electoral organizations, including owning a small portfolio of high-priority accounts
- Work with leaders across departments to collaborate on ways to grow account management programs and develop staff skill sets.
- Work in partnership with the Movement, Issue, Charitable Organizations (MICO) Director, Training Director, and Reporting and Research Director to coordinate program resource needs
- Partner with the MICO Director to innovate and brainstorm ways to improve work, and communicate relevant information between teams.
- Serve as a spokesperson and trainer for ActBlue at high-visibility, high-level meetings, and events
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) as required.Travel as required
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least 8 years of political and electoral experience
- Significant and deep experience hiring and managing staff in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing, managing, benchmarking, and implementing electoral campaign programs and/or program plans at a large organizational level
- Experience working closely with fundraising and digital programs
- Strong knowledge of electoral politics and the campaign industry
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining high-level relationships
- Ability to prioritize and work with staff on professional development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Public speaking experience in small and large rooms
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below:
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months of paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks include monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Certain employees who report to this position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.