Remote, must live in CA, AZ, UT, NM, NV, WA, AK, HI, or OR
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive, people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
You will be part of ActBlue’s newly expanded Democratic Politics and Elections Department, designed to support campaigns and electoral groups using ActBlue for digital fundraising and organizing. You will own a portfolio of accounts across the West-Southwest Region and provide maintenance and strategic advising to ensure entities are effectively leveraging ActBlue.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work as part of a regional team to meet or exceed goals around relationship building, account management, and strategic account support.
- Prospect and establish relationships with new entities per the team’s relationship-building work plan.
- Serve as the account manager for a portfolio of entities and provide support in account set up.
- Use established best practices to provide strategic advising and troubleshooting for organizations and campaigns.
- Provide onboarding and training on the ActBlue product.
- Maintain deep and nuanced knowledge of the ActBlue product.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve account management and entity support.
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.) as required.
- Travel as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- One to three years working in a professional environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, problem-solving role preferred.
- Experience working throughout the Western region of the US preferred (CA, AZ, UT, NM, NV, WA, AK, HI, or OR).
- Recent or current experience working with ballot initiatives (at the state and/or local level) or federal PACs.
- A self-starter mentality: capable of working independently, but motivated by ActBlue’s big picture mission and goals.
- Clear and compassionate written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail and high fidelity to follow up and follow through on commitments.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Electoral, nonprofit/political advocacy, or research experience, including volunteer or internships, is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. This position must live within the region (CA, AZ, UT, NM, NV, WA, AK, HI, or OR). ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $55,000 – 70,000 based on experience.
The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families.
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match.
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue.
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home office set up allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks include monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.