Remote – Must live within the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic Region (RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, NY, NJ, CT, DC, MD)
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
You will join ActBlue’s newly expanded Democratic Politics and Elections Department, which is designed to support campaigns and electoral groups using ActBlue for digital fundraising and organizing. You will own a portfolio of accounts within the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic region and provide maintenance and strategic advising to ensure entities are effectively using and leveraging ActBlue.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work as part of a regional team to meet or exceed goals around relationship building, account management, and strategic account support.
- Prospect and establish relationships with new campaigns per the team’s relationship building work plan.
- Serve as the account manager for a portfolio of campaigns and provide support in account setup and ongoing maintenance issues.
- Use established best practices to provide strategic advising and troubleshooting for organizations and campaigns.
- Provide onboarding and training on the ActBlue product.
- Maintain a deep and nuanced knowledge of the ActBlue product.
- Collaborate with colleagues on ways to improve account management and campaign support.
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) as required.
- Travel as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- One to three years of experience working in a professional environment.
- Experience working in an electoral, digital fundraising, or nonprofit setting.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, problem-solving role preferred.
- Recent or current experience working in the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic region.
- Self-starter mentality: capable of working independently, but motivated by ActBlue’s big-picture mission and goals.
- Clear and compassionate written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and high fidelity to follow up and follow through on commitments.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Electoral experience, including volunteer or internships, is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. This position must live within the Northeast Mid-Atlantic region (RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, NY, NJ, CT, DC, MD). ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $70,000, depending on experience
The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families.
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match.
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue.
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.