Remote; must live within MA, NH, ME, RI, VT, NY, NJ, MD, DE or Washington D.C.
*APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 13, 2022*
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
You will work closely with the New England and Mid-Atlantic Regional Director to grow a team within ActBlue’s Democratic Politics and Elections department. Through thoughtful project and people management, you will help the Regional Director develop and lead strategy to expand ActBlue’s reach and impact. You will manage 2-3 associates who recruit, train, and support federal campaigns and ballot initiatives using ActBlue.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the Regional Director to develop an outreach strategy focused on relationship building to increase adoption and strategic use of ActBlue;
- Work with the Regional Director to assign associates’ turf and set goals;
- Manage a team of associates working directly with campaigns by holding them accountable to goals around relationship building, account management, and strategic account support;
- Evaluate progress towards goals regularly, making adjustments as necessary;
- Mentor and coach a team of associates to provide creative, thoughtful, and individualized support to the campaigns within their turf;
- Provide account management and strategic account support for a small portfolio of high priority accounts;
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of ActBlue’s platform and its role within political digital programs;
- Collaborate with other managers within the department to maintain a broad understanding of accounts’ needs;
- Facilitate and lead meetings and trainings, both internally and externally;
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) as required;
- Travel as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least 4 years of Democratic campaign and or program/project management experience;
- At least 3 years of people management experience preferred;
- Experience managing a small team of staff in a fast-paced environment;
- Understanding of political structures and state landscapes;
- Experience building and maintaining relationships;
- Experience managing and implementing programs or campaigns, or experience being part of a team plan;
- Experience managing or working closely with fundraising and digital programs;
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving, team-building, and internal and external relationship-building.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. This position must live within the New England and Mid Atlantic region (MA, NH, ME, RI, VT, NY, NJ, MD, DE or Washington D.C). ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below:
This supervisory role is not part of the Bargaining Unit position: Certain employees who report to this position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months of paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks include monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.