Remote, preferably in New England and Mid Atlantic Region: CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
THE OPPORTUNITY :
The Regional Director is responsible for knowing the politics and driving the goals, strategy, and metrics within their assigned region. They will build and manage a growing team that works with local, state, and federal campaigns within the region. They will build relationships with national and regional organizations and have a strong understanding of the potential for growth in the region. The Regional Director will be the primary point of contact with regional counterparts at national organizations. They will serve as a lead idea generator and strategist for their team’s region. They will be responsible for monitoring and guiding their team to reach goals, as well as developing programs and resources for their team’s success. They will report to the Democratic Politics and Elections Director and work closely with the other Regional Directors as well as other teams within the Outreach Department and across the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop and manage regional goals and strategy including resource plans for the region;
- Manage and develop a team of managers to construct targets, goals, and work plans for their assigned turf and staff;
- Provide an understanding of ActBlue’s tools and products to your team as well as to outside stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and support to execute strategy, as well as develop and monitor progress to goal benchmarks for the team;
- Build relationships and serve as a primary point of contact with regional counterparts from national organizations and other relevant potential partners;
- Hire, onboard, and ensure ongoing professional development opportunities for the team;
- Manage turf distribution alongside managers for work plans;
- Serve as a thought partner, within and outside of the department, to grow best practices and problem-solve issues;
- Collaborate with Movement, Issue, Charitable Organizations (MICO) peers on ways for the team to grow account management and coordinate resources;
- Collaborate with ActBlue colleagues across the organization;
- Participate in and lead work groups as needed;
- Serve as a trainer and spokesperson for ActBlue at events and other opportunities showcasing ActBlue’s work;
- Assist in developing and implementing program assessments and post-campaign debriefs;
- Facilitate and lead meetings and trainings, both internally and externally;
- Prepare and submit regular and ad hoc reports as requested;
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) as required;
- Travel as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Must have at least five years of political and electoral experience, including campaign or campaign organization experience;
- Knowledge of politics and elections and/or experience working in the Northeast Mid-Atlantic Region;
- Experience writing, benchmarking, and executing complex work plans that drive to goals, including setting strategy and formulating work plans for staff;
- At least four years of people management and development experience in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of national organizations and state political structures;
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships with multiple external and internal stakeholders;
- Experience training colleagues and facilitating workplace events;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Experience managing or working closely with fundraising and digital programs.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below:
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Certain employees who report to this position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.