- Drive the development and implementation of statewide issue priorities on a statewide level and in support of local infrastructure building and mobilization;
- Support chapters to identify campaign goals, achieve legislative priorities, and win governing power, including, but not limited to
- Provide regular training and political education on issue campaign work – power analysis, issue cutting, campaign strategy, etc.
- Organize and manage issue cohorts among local chapter leaders and membership
- Represent PA Stands Up in statewide and national coalition spaces that correlate with our issue priorities
- Work with the Organizing Director, local chapters, the statewide political department, and partner organizations to design, execute, and support our electoral program in target geographies that align with short- and long-term campaign goals;
- Support local chapters to identify potential candidates for office through their campaign work.
- Along with Organizing Director, support PA Stand Up’s issue campaign strategy to produce desired electoral and policy outcomes in the mid- and long-term.
- Work with the Communications Director to help shape public messaging and communications strategy to support local issue and legislative campaigns.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in grassroots organizing, labor, and/or politics, preferably with experience in building grassroots political power with a culture of democracy and debate
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience working in rural areas and/or communities of color
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic and gender justice
- Strong commitment to independent, innovative political action by and for working people
- Proven track record of planning, managing and executing complex issue and legislative campaigns
- A goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Experience with and knowledge of Pennsylvania legislative terrain
- Acute political savvy and excellent analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience leading multiple issue teams
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
LOCATION: Pennsylvania. Must be available to travel across the state, when allowable.
HOURS: Full time, salaried position.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary package and benefits. Salary range is $60-75K; actual offer amount will be matched to experience, competencies and capacities. Fully paid health insurance. Training and leadership development opportunities, vacation, and time-off.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a RESUME and LETTER (1-2 pages) that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background. We ask that you complete your application on our internal recruiting site here.
PA Stands Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Source: Pennsylvania Stands Up Jobs