We are Pennsylvania Stands Up. We are joining forces because we are aligned in our conviction that there’s a massive unorganized base of voters in our state that can be organized when we do the work. We committed to building on our successes from the past three years; to both deepen and scale our work to build people power across Pennsylvania, especially in small cities, towns, and rural areas, while working collaboratively with a broader alignment of allied organizations. We’re eager to consolidate lessons from the past three years—to win elections, win issue campaigns, and win power for everyday working people in our state.
We are an independent political organization by and for the many. We organize Black, brown, and white working people across Pennsylvania’s cities, towns, and rural areas. Our chapters in Lehigh, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Cumberland, Dauphin, York, Berks, and Philadelphia counties build grassroots leadership, fight on our issues, and win elections. Together, we are building the durable political infrastructure necessary to win governing power and enact bold, redistributive measures for the common good.
PA Stands Up seeks a Deputy Field Director to drive the development and implementation of a statewide field strategy that builds local chapter base power and develops a statewide leadership development and training program. This position is a critical part of the Organizing Department, and reports directly to the Organizing Director/Deputy Executive Director.
- Drive the development and work of the statewide training program, including recruitment, onboarding and management of a statewide training team, composed of local chapter leadership.
- In cooperation with the statewide organizing team, drive the local chapter powerbuilding support strategy, based upon local chapter powerbuilding plans for membership recruitment and leadership development;
- Collaborate with the Political and Campaign directors to support local chapter electoral and issue campaign plans, skills development and chapter support;
- Cross-department collaboration to engage chapters around organized money, coalition building, communications & narrative work, and centering on race, class and gender equity;
- Management and oversight of all paid and distributed field programs, as well as oversight of membership data management and dues tracking;
- Supervision of local chapter staff and any additional field or training staff brought onto the team.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in grassroots organizing, labor, and/or politics, preferably with experience in building grassroots community teams around a methodology of power and self-interest;
- Experience coordinating training and leadership development arcs for individual and multiple groups, or ideally, experience coordinating a large training program;
- Experience with organizing inside of a local chapter/umbrella organization structure for base building;
- Experience in project and team management, and in staff supervision
- Experience in electoral and membership data management
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience working in rural areas and/or communities of color
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic and gender justice
- Strong commitment to independent, innovative political action by and for working people
- Proven track record of planning, managing and executing complex issue and legislative campaigns
- A goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Acute strategy development and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
Pennsylvania. Must be available to travel across the state, when allowable.
Full time, salaried position.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Competitive salary package and benefits. Salary range is $60-75K; actual offer amount will be matched to experience, competencies and capacities. Fully paid health insurance. Training and leadership development opportunities, vacation, and time-off.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through the Applicant Tracking System here.
Pennsylvania Stands Up! is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Source: Pennsylvania Stands Up Jobs