The Digital Campaigner leads our social media and online advertising programs. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for an organization on the frontlines of the fight to advance a long-term agenda for a new economy and inclusive democracy.
Overview of the Position
The primary function of the Digital Campaigner is to grow our digital membership with a robust and engaging ad social media and ad program. The Digital Campaigner will also collaborate with internal partners to grow a digital constituency that is primed to take action and move from protest to power across the country.
What you will do:
- Regularly report key performance indicators across the organization.
- Manage robust digital ads program.
- Work with the digital team to evaluate the success of email, social media, website, and online ad content and strategies to maximize participation in our programs.
- An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- Working knowledge of business statistics.
- Understanding of agile project management.
- Experience with CRMs and online fundraising tools and ad platforms.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
- Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal Digital Campaigner should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization.
- Proven success engaging online constituencies deepening their engagement.
- Driven to optimize online communications.
- Can write powerfully in sharp, clear, easy to grasp language.
- Curious about the possibilities and insights that can be gleaned from Big Data.
- Want to win the Battle of Big Ideas by advancing our stories and core narrative.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience–prior campaign or organizing experience is preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations
About People's Action Institute
People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
With offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL and remote staff across the the country, we support and advance state-based and national fights for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more. Our member organizations, nearly 40 organizations across 28 states, improve lives by running local- and state-level issue and electoral campaigns, leading statewide tables, and collectively come together to change national policy and politics.
People’s Action/ Institute has a track record of leadership in coordinating field mobilization and advocacy in advancing an array of issues at the local, state, and federal levels. Qur member organization have won important victories at the national, state, and local levels, including: health insurance for millions and the reversal of health care laws that discriminate based on citizenship, stopping Wall Street banks from selling predatory payday loans to their customers, and historic legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act to victory and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.