WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Digital Designer owns the innovative design and layout of the ActBlue web, support, and blog sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating visually stunning designs for a broad range of digital projects, such as interactive content, social media graphics, landing pages, and digital marketing campaigns, in addition to professional knowledge of coding and user experience design principles.
The ActBlue Digital Designer understands storytelling and utilizes it for its logic in creating an engaging user experience. Usability, navigation, accessibility, and cross-platform compatibility are all integrated with their projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Own and manage the ActBlue website, support, and blog site development in collaboration with the User Experience (UX), Data, Research, and interdepartmental teams.
- Brainstorm and design various digital projects with a consistent look based on ActBlue Brand Guidelines. Deliver high-impact work following layout and navigation principles, color, and typography.
- Support content initiatives by using code structures for enhanced storytelling and data visualization.
- Collaborate with fellow designers by building custom templates within the existing framework.
- Ensure compliance with ActBlue IT and Security protocols and develop test, launch, and maintenance procedures.
- Work with the Data team to create compelling Storytelling with Data Visualization.
- Oversee multiple projects and ensure design deliverables are produced on time.
- Optimize assets based on web accessibility best practices.
- Maintain and organize projects by utilizing ActBlue's best practices for archival.
- Monitor emerging technologies and industry trends, incorporating those into the work.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5-7 years of professional experience in digital design
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite programs (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Proficiency with WordPress and Figma
- Background in User Interface and User Experience
- Proven working experience in web programming and development including a solid understanding of how web applications work, including security, session management, and development best practices
- Experience maintaining, expanding, and scaling websites and digital experiences
- Ability to create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Experience designing user-centered interaction models, wireframes, or/and screen mockups
- Basic knowledge of the Search Engine Optimization process
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects within defined timelines
- Agile problem-solving skills especially in ambiguous situations
- Some knowledge of or experience with the project management system Monday.com
BONUS POINTS IF…
- You have experience with video editing and video editing tools
- You have experience using Pantheon CMS (WordPress environment) is a plus
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Salary Range Details:
Salary Range: $76,000 – $100,000
ActBlue is committed to consistent compensation practices across our organization. Final salary offers will take into account factors such as candidate experience, interview performance and current team salary parity.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families; plus fully-paid health reimbursement arrangement to use for out of pocket expenses and fully-paid short- and long-term disability
- Fully paid basic and AD&D life insurance and a voluntary supplemental life insurance option
- Dependent and health care flexible spending account options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits for employees
- Automatic 2% Employer-paid 401K contribution, plus up to an additional 6% match on employee contributions
- A minimum of three months paid medical, family and parental leave (for all new parents, adoptions included)
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Bargaining Unit position: The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
ActBlue is deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. We commit to retaining, developing, recruiting, and hiring a diverse staff community. We honor the dignity of all. We celebrate their unique qualities. And we recognize the wide range of human differences, backgrounds, and intersectional identities that enrich the workspace and help us better meet our mission. If you feel a connection to our mission and see your interests reflected in this job description we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet every requirement.
ActBlue is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.