WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive, people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
As a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, you will play an instrumental role in building, maintaining, and analyzing budgets for our internal departments and the organization as a whole. You will assist senior leadership and the ActBlue Board of Directors in making tactical and strategic decisions by providing detailed reports and dashboards. You’ll be a trusted resource and subject matter expert for departmental and executive leadership. This role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Own all reporting for forecasting and strategic planning in direct support of the CFO, including, but not limited to, monthly/quarterly reporting schedules, Board of Directors reporting package, and annual plan reporting
- Develop financial planning and analysis at the department and sub-department levels
- Manage budget-related communications to leadership and org-wide
- Develop an insightful management information system on organizational performance
- Create and present reporting material to the Board of Directors
- Establish a regular cadence for inputs, variance analysis, and reporting
- Develop monthly reporting, including budget vs. actual and key business insights
- Create training and process implementation for department leadership and functional owners
- Manage procurement processes for recurring contracts
- Oversee capital allocation process and provide decision-making support for resource investment
- Provide decision-making support for department and team leaders (Comms & Marketing, Customer Service, Outreach), People & Culture, Finance and Legal Teams.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 10+ years of experience managing and leading a financial planning and analysis function
- A bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Experience developing and managing organizational budgets
- An ability to outline and execute a budget and reporting process to support the organization
- A strong interest in building processes and procedures and identifying opportunities for efficiency
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- A natural curiosity and excellent organizational abilities
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. In-office work would be on an as-needed basis; ActBlue’s headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; four weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.