The position will ideally be based anywhere in our geographic footprint (eastern PA), but remote work is possible. This position will work closely with and be directly supervised by PA Stand Up’s Deputy Organizing Director, and will also work closely with the Organizing Director and Lead Organizers for our staffed regions.
PA Stands Up is an independent people-powered organization, by and for the many. We organize working people—black, white, and brown—across Pennsylvania’s cities, towns, and rural areas. Our chapters develop grassroots leaders and organization to make a difference on issues and in elections. Together we’re building the durable infrastructure that’s needed to win governing power and enact a bold agenda for the common good.
Reports to: Deputy Organizing Director
Key Relationships: Deputy Executive Director, Canvass Manager, Lead Organizers
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania, but flexible for ideal candidate
Application Deadline: ASAP
Start date: August 1, 2020
Compensation: $43,000 to $48,000 annually
- Recruit, manage, and develop teams of deep canvass, phone bank and text volunteers across Pennsylvania — both in regions with PA Stands Up chapters and areas with no chapters
- Maintain relationships with key volunteer leaders who have the potential to lead PA Stands Up’s distributed strategy through 1:1s, trainings, and planning meetings
- Train volunteers and staff on predictive dialer and peer to peer text tools
- Manage distributed organizing data flow between the VAN, Thru Talk, and Spoke
- Create voter contact scripts and lists
- Use VAN and Google Suite to track goals, voter contact efforts, and internal metrics
- Support base-building work by adding capacity to training on webinars, creating online guides, and offering the services of distributed volunteer teams to chapter leaders as relevant and needed.
- Other related duties. (PA Stands Up is a new and dynamic organization that needs to be flexible and responsive to the political moment.)
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1 yr or more of distributed organizing experience and volunteer management experience
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic, and gender justice
- Strong commitment to independent, innovative political action by and for working people
- A goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and challenge people to take risks in order to make change
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $43-48,000 FTE. PA Stands Up offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare and generous time off policies.
How to Apply:
Please submit a RESUME that describes your experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Distributed Organizer” in the subject line.
Source: Pennsylvania Stands Up Jobs