The position will ideally be based anywhere in our geographic footprint (eastern PA), but remote work is possible. This position will work closely with and be directly supervised by PA Stand Up’s Coordinated Field Director, and will also work closely with the Organizing Director and Lead Organizers for our staffed regions.
PA Stands Up is an independent people-powered organization, by and for the many. We organize working people—black, white, and brown—across Pennsylvania’s cities, towns, and rural areas. Our chapters develop grassroots leaders and organization to make a difference on issues and in elections. Together we’re building the durable infrastructure that’s needed to win governing power and enact a bold agenda for the common good.
Reports to: Coordinated Field Director
Key Relationships: Organizing Director, Deputy Director of Movement Politics, Organizing Leads
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania, but flexible for ideal candidate
Application Deadline: ASAP
Start date: 9/5/2020
Compensation: $4,000/month (benefits eligible)
- Responsible for building and maintaining texting campaigns and dialer phone banks
- Creating structures to empower volunteer leaders to help run our programs, including moderating our Slack channel, hosting live volunteer trainings, sweeping text messages and more
- Building the size and capacity of our volunteer team, enabling us to supplement the voter contact efforts of our movement candidates
- Creating a compassionate and rich culture in virtual spaces, and helping to share our political analysis with our volunteer base
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-2 cycles of campaign experience as an organizer or in digital organizing (or equivalent non-staff experience, volunteer organizing experience is welcome!)
- Experience working with political distributed tools, such as ThruTalk, Spoke, Hustle, ThruText etc.
- Experience with volunteer leadership development
- Skilled with a spreadsheet, data savvy and comfortable with technology
- Experience with VAN, Mobilize and other campaign tools welcome but not required
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic, and gender justice
- Strong commitment to independent, innovative political action by and for working people
- A goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and challenge people to take risks in order to make change
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $4,000 per month FTE. PA Stands Up offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare and generous time off policies.
How to Apply:
Please submit a RESUME that describes your experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Distributed Organizer – Campaigns” in the subject line.
Source: Pennsylvania Stands Up Jobs