This is a political leadership position, responsible for helping to develop the distributed organizing program’s overarching strategy (in collaboration with other PA Stands Up staff), getting buy-in from volunteer leaders and members, and bringing the voices and feedback of the membership base into central decision-making processes.
The position can be based anywhere in our geographic footprint (eastern PA), and may include on-the-ground support in areas with emerging chapters and no local staff. This position will work closely with and be directly supervised by PA Stand Up’s Deputy Organizing Director, and will also work closely with the Organizing Director and Lead Organizers for our staffed regions. This position will be a part of the PA Stands Up organizing team together with staff in Lancaster, York, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lehigh and Northampton counties.
PA Stands Up is an independent people-powered organization, by and for the many. We organize working people—black, white, and brown—across Pennsylvania's cities, towns, and rural areas. Our chapters develop grassroots leaders and organization to make a difference on issues and in elections. Together we're building the durable infrastructure that's needed to win governing power and enact a bold agenda for the common good.
- With Deputy Organizing Director, support the growth and development of new chapters and/or regional teams of PA Stands Up via regular remote coaching and developing written and video training resources.
- Develop and implement a strategy for recruiting, managing, and developing remote volunteers across Pennsylvania — both in regions with PA Stands Up chapters and areas with no chapters. This could include but is not limited to:
- Building a volunteer texting team to send millions of texts
- Building a volunteer call team to recruit and run distributed phone banks and make hundreds of thousands of calls
- Building a volunteer events team to recruit, vet, and coach event hosts across the state to hosts hundreds of events statewide
- Maintain relationships with key volunteer leaders who have the potential to lead PA Stands Up’s distributed strategy through one-on-one meetings, trainings, and planning meetings.
- Support our statewide fellowship program by adding capacity to training on webinars, creating online guides, and offering the services of distributed volunteer teams to fellows’ projects as relevant and needed.
- Develop and lead online grassroots leadership development training across PA.
- Add capacity to maintaining our online training platform and creating guides and training videos as needed to execute the distributed organizing strategy.
- Fundraise for the organization. This may include supporting remote volunteers to recruit dues-paying members, and working with others to solicit contributions.
- Communications and promotion as related to the distributed organizing strategy.
- Manage contractors and interns as needed.
- Participate in other state-wide campaign and communications work and responsibilities (up to 25% of time).
- Other related duties. (PA Stands Up is a new and dynamic organization that needs to be flexible and responsive to the political moment.)
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is $45-50,000 FTE. PA Stands Up is dedicated to workers rights and offers health benefits and generous paid time off to its employees.
How to Apply
Please submit a RESUME and LETTER (1-2 pages) that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Distributed Organizer” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PA Stands Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer. Read More
Source: Pennsylvania Stands Up Jobs