This position will report to the Data and Tech Manager and work closely with our organizing team to develop and strengthen Democratic Socialists of America chapters across the country through their use of our organizing tech tools: VAN, Action Network, Action Builder, Spoke, and potentially other tools we may add. This position will also be responsible for running our internal elections through Opavote and/or Loomio.
· Coach chapters and staff (in person or remotely) around organizing technology best practices and customize technology strategies that maximize impact on their campaigns
· Train chapters and staff (in person or remotely) on organizing tools. Create workshops and written materials based on skills and best practices.
· Provide access to national tools to chapters and national working groups and committees
· Provide support to our National Tech Committee through recruiting and onboarding new members and providing them with access to relevant tools and resources.
· Advise on ways to improve organizing technology tools offerings
· Manage volunteer teams that fulfill requests related to tools
· Maintenance of automatic membership lists for chapters/OCs
· Advise staff on technology for voting, including for national conventions
· Administer elections for national committees and working groups; administer NCC and NPC elections
· User and Admin level expertise in at least 2 of the following: NGP VAN, Action Network, Action Builder, and/or Spoke.
· Background in organizing and strategic implementation of technology (does not need to have coding experience, though those skills are more than welcome).
· Track record of recruiting, training, and managing volunteers.
· Proven ability to develop and facilitate technical training sessions for largely non-technical audiences.
· Exceptional listening, interpersonal, and general communication skills.
· A strong relationship-builder and team player.
· Self-starter that can efficiently manage multiple projects at once, use limited resources effectively, and work with a team.
· Handles high pressure situations with positive attitude, tact and professionalism.
· Able to work irregular hours and available to travel when it is safe to do so.
· Commitment to democratic socialist, feminist, anti-racist, anti-heterosexist and pro-worker action and identify as a socialist and be grounded in democratic socialist politics; general agreement with the positions and perspectives of YDSA and DSA.
· Familiarity with information security best practices
· Familiarity with Google Suite.
· Experience with ActionKit and other CRMs.
· Popular or political education background.
· Creativity and sense of humor.
Reports to: Data and Tech Manager
Work Schedule: Full-time. Work hours will fluctuate according to campaign needs and members’ availability.
Salary: $42,500-$47,500, non-exempt, depending on experience.
Benefits: We offer employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their spouse/partner and/or dependent children, and three weeks of vacation in the first year of employment, then four weeks each year thereafter.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. This agreement is expiring in January 2021 and is currently being negotiated.
Application Deadline: January 18, 2021
To Apply: Click here
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Democratic Socialists of America is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a staff that reflects the working class. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, DREAMers, as well as members of the LGBTQ communities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Democratic Socialists of America is a member-run, socialist organization with more than 280 groups in every state and the District of Columbia engaged in movement-building, public education, direct action, advocacy, and electoral politics. Our immediate goal is to build working-class power against the capitalist class while advancing transformative reforms like Medicare for All and a Green New Deal, supporting a robust labor movement, electing socialists to office, and shifting the public framing around capitalism and democratic socialism. DSA is a “big tent,” multi-tendency organization that welcomes everyone committed to democracy and socialism.