The position reports to the Executive Director and the Chair of the DSA Fund Board.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day functioning of the organization.
- Work with the Fund Board and Executive Director to develop and execute the Fund’s annual plan: setting and implementing strategies, goals, and programming.
- Work collaboratively where appropriate with staff members shared with DSA to execute plans, including development, finance, and technical matters.
- Build external partnerships and recruit and manage volunteers (members of the Board and others) to carry out Fund projects and collaborative projects with other organizations. Projects will primarily include initiatives with an educational, cultural, or public policy focus. Related events may include conferences, video conference calls, in-person trainings or events, film showings, speakers, written guides, or other methods of educating the general public and project-specific audiences.
- Coordinate DSA Fund Board, working group, and committee meetings.
- Manage DSA Fund donor stewardship and communications.
- Assist in special fundraising campaigns to expand capacity.
- Provide administrative support to the board.
- At least five years’ experience in organizing or project management with budgets of at least $250,000.
- Some administrative experience.
- Able to work flexible hours, including some nights, weekends, and travel.
- Some fundraising experience desired.
- Exceptional listening, interpersonal, and general communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated relationship-builder and team player.
- Self-starter who can efficiently manage multiple projects at once and use limited resources effectively.
- Commitment to democratic socialist, feminist, anti-racist, anti-heterosexist and pro-worker action; identify as a socialist grounded in democratic socialist politics; and be in general agreement with the positions and perspectives of YDSA and DSA.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Asana, and Zoom.
- Graphic design and/or illustration skills, including WordPress.
- Popular or political education background.
- Sense of humor.
Salary: depending on experience, $50,000 – $70,000+.
Benefits: We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their spouse/partner and/or dependent children, and three weeks of vacation in the first year of employment, then four weeks each year thereafter.
To Apply: Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
DSA FUND Program Director – Last Name
- Cover letter with statement of your qualifications related to organizing, project management, and fundraising
- 3 references with direct supervisory knowledge of relevant work
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Democratic Socialists of America Fund is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a staff that reflects the working class. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women and non-binary people, people of color, as well as members of the LGBTQ communities.
About DSA Fund
The Democratic Socialists of America Fund is a 501(c)(3) sister educational organization to the Democratic Socialists of America; the DSA Fund is dedicated to public education and outreach about democratic socialism.
The Democratic Socialists of America is a member-run, socialist organization with more than 280 groups in every state and the District of Columbia engaged in movement-building, public education, direct action, advocacy, and electoral politics. Our immediate goal is to build working-class power against the capitalist class while advancing transformative reforms like Medicare for All and a Green New Deal, supporting a robust labor movement, electing socialists to office, and shifting the public framing around capitalism and democratic socialism. DSA is a “big tent,” multi-tendency organization that welcomes everyone committed to democracy and socialism.