This position will report to the Assistant to the National Director and work closely with other staff to develop and strengthen Democratic Socialists of America’s financial management.
· Manage all bookkeeping functions and process all general ledger transactions in accordance with GAAP and DSA policies and procedures including recordkeeping for cash receipts, deposits to bank account, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, inventory reporting, and employee expense reporting. Reconcile bank account, PEX, and ADP. Timely updates of all income and expense details in Quickbooks.
· Maintain audit-ready financial documentation. Support annual audit preparation.
· Support Compliance Manager in tracking and reporting c4 donations and expenditures as needed.
· Ensure all staff report their overtime and program hours and that supervisors approve their staff’s reports on time for payroll. Prepare PTO, Program Hours, and OT report Quarterly from ADP reports.
· Ensure ADP files the various employment tax forms and makes tax deposits to the appropriate government agencies, ensuring we are paying income tax and other obligations in all geographies where we have staff.
· Review, track and process employee expense and trip reporting on a weekly basis; including submission and coordinating approvals for biweekly reimbursements.
· Prepare monthly expense and revenue financial reports for senior management and our board
· Generate reports as needed regarding income and fundraising from QuickBooks for financial tracking and analysis
· Perform other duties which may arise based on the needs of the organization
· One to two years professional administrative/financial support experience with a non-profit or advocacy group
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Quickbooks
· Exceptional listening, interpersonal, and general communication skills.
· A strong relationship-builder and team player
· Self starter that can efficiently manage multiple projects at once and use limited resources effectively
· Handles high pressure situations with positive attitude, tact and professionalism
· Commitment to democratic socialist, feminist, anti-racist, anti-heterosexist and pro-worker action and identify as a socialist and be grounded in democratic socialist politics; general agreement with the positions and perspectives of YDSA and DSA
· Grassroots fundraising experience
· Experience with Credit Card payments and processors.
· Familiarity with Google Suite and Asana
· Popular or political education background
· Sense of humor
Reports to: Assistant to the National Director
Work Schedule: Full-time.
Location: New York, NY (work is mostly remote currently due to the COVID crisis, with occasional solitary trips to the office to work with our financial files)
Salary: $42,500 to $47,500, non-exempt
Benefits: We offer employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their spouse/partner and/or dependent children, and three weeks of vacation in the first year of employment, then four weeks each year thereafter.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Washington-Baltimore News Guild.
Application Deadline: Apply as soon as possible, as interviews begin immediately.
To Apply: Click here
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Democratic Socialists of America is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a staff that reflects the working class. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, DREAMers, as well as members of the LGBTQ communities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
The Democratic Socialists of America is a member-run, socialist organization with more than 280 groups in every state and the District of Columbia engaged in movement-building, public education, direct action, advocacy, and electoral politics. Our immediate goal is to build working-class power against the capitalist class while advancing transformative reforms like Medicare for All and a Green New Deal, supporting a robust labor movement, electing socialists to office, and shifting the public framing around capitalism and democratic socialism. DSA is a “big tent,” multi-tendency organization that welcomes everyone committed to democracy and socialism.