This position will be responsible for adding capacity to Pennsylvania Stands Up’s deep canvass and traditional phones program across Pennsylvania statewide. This position can be between 16 and 40 hours/week and will run through Nov 6. This position is supervised by the Canvass Manager and Canvass Leads.
PA Stands Up is an independent political organization by and for the many. We organize white, brown, and black working class people across Pennsylvania’s cities, towns and rural areas. Our chapters in Erie, Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Cumberland, Dauphin, York, Berks, and Philadelphia counties build grassroots leadership, fight on our issues, and win elections. Together, we are building the durable political infrastructure necessary to win governing power and enact bold, redistributive measures for the common good.
Reports to: Canvass Lead
Key Relationships: Canvass Manager, Deputy Organizing Director
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania, but flexible for ideal candidate
Application Deadline: ASAP
Start date: Rolling
- Canvass targeted voters across Pennsylvania as part of PA Stands Up’s effort to build independent political power for working people through the ballot box.
- Participate in training to learn canvassing model and scripts.
- Follow up on leads from prior conversations and recruit voters to get involved as volunteers or members of Pennsylvania Stands Up.
- Work with the Canvass Leads to hit daily and weekly team goals.
- Excited about building long-term progressive political power across Pennsylvania.
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic and gender justice.
- Excellent listening and communication skills. Empathetic and motivational.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Reliable phone/internet service.
- Available a minimum of 16 hrs/week starting the week of Sep 8.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Fluent or proficient in Spanish and other Major Languages, BUT NOT REQUIRED.
- Passionate about getting voters active and involved in this pivotal election cycle for our nation.
- Already a member or volunteering with a chapter of PA Stands Up.
- Previous canvassing or other voter contact experience.
This is an hourly position compensated at $16.50/hr. The position ends November 6, 2020.
How to Apply:
Please submit a RESUME that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Fall 2020 Canvasser” in the subject line.
PA Stands Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Source: Pennsylvania Stands Up Jobs