Family Reach is experiencing tremendous growth and is looking for an experienced development team leader to serve as its Director of Individual Giving. Reporting to the VP of Business Development and Advancement, the Director of Individual Giving is responsible for leading the strategy and execution of Family Reach’s annual development program with a focus on individual donors, major donors, and events. The incumbent will also manage a team of staff, providing mentorship and professional development opportunities.
In addition to fundraising and fundraising strategy, the Director of Individual Giving will be a member of the extended leadership team, responsible for collaboratively identifying and implementing ideas, systems, and procedures cross-departmentally to maximize Family Reach’s ability to meet our goals.
Major Gifts Fundraising
- Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan with the goal of meeting annual target of $4M across individual, P2P, digital, and event campaigns
- In conjunction with senior leadership, develop mid-and long-term strategies for growing department revenue to $5M by 2025
- Manage a pipeline of leadership and major gift prospects including identifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing gifts from top prospects.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to align programmatic goals and messaging with donor interests
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
Department Leadership and Responsibilities
- Oversee department activities related to ongoing day-to-day fundraising efforts, including the planning and execution of peer to peer and other fundraising events
- Mentor existing department staff and identify opportunities and projects for career growth and development
- Identify areas to grow revenue for the organization, working diligently to both capitalize on the available opportunities and sustain the projected organizational growth
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses
- Prospect, select, and manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database (Salesforce) and wealth screening tools (TBD)
- Identify staffing needs, interview candidates, and onboard new personnel
- 7+ years demonstrated experience in soliciting and securing major gifts ($25k+)
- Previous management and professional development experience required
- Understanding of and ability to teach technical aspects of major giving, including moves management and pipeline development, required
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills, including working with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, required
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of an individual giving program a plus
- Familiarity with the cancer space a plus
- Strategic planning experience and ability to conceive, design, implement, evaluate and manage account programs and strategies
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation and marketing skills
- Commitment to maintaining the integrity of a centralized database (i.e., Salesforce)
COMPENSATION: The salary range for this position is $80,000-$100,000. Family Reach offers an attractive benefits package, including, but not limited to, an annual performance bonus, medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and generous vacation and leave policies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Family Reach
Our Mission: Family Reach is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to removing the financial barriers standing between a cancer patient and their treatment. We deliver financial education, financial coaching, resource navigation, and emergency relief funds to patients and caregivers facing a cancer diagnosis, so no family has to choose between their health and their home. Our organization believes in the values of compassion, courage, innovation, scrappiness, and collaboration as core components of our community and the services we provide.
Family Reach Values: Family Reach is inclusive of all racial, ethnic, and cultural minorities; LGBTQIA+ individuals, individuals with disabilities, individuals that are neurodivergent, and individuals from all educational backgrounds. We encourage multiple perspectives and experiences, support a multicultural environment, and are dedicated to building our leadership and staff to reflect these values and the diverse communities we serve.